A stylish sanctuary amidst a lush canopy of green
Sky House invites you to share in the company of nature, immerse your Cornish stay in rural zen and complement your time with a luxury backdrop. This unique cedar clad home is located amongst the lush green tree canopy offering unrivalled rural views across the valley and beyond to Trevaunance Cove, North Cornwall. Perfect to gather friends and family together whatever the occasion, Sky House presents 4 boutique bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a Scandinavian inspired open plan living and dining space in which to relax and unwind. Located a short 5 minute walk from Trevaunance Cove and Driftwood Spas pub, the restaurants, greengrocers, butchers and shops of St Agnes are easily accessible. Guests will enjoy the luxury of the coastal location from the rich Cornish history surrounding the area, the hidden golden sand beaches and breathtaking scenery of the North Cornwall coastline. *Sky House is accessed via steps leading up to the property at the top of the collection of homes (please refer to the access statement for detailed information)
Beautiful property and decor is amazing. Views and locations were superb!
- Child Friendly
- Dog Friendly
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
From the moment you arrive, this very special home creates a welcome fusion of modern day minimalist living with a unique harmony and appreciation of the surrounding woodland. The cedar clad exterior blends beautifully with the natural colour palette of the mature trees and sky high views. Sky House is one of a collection of unique new houses within the area. Upon arrival, steps lead down to your holiday door and into a large hallway which has ample storage for all your holiday kit from wellingtons to wetsuits. From the hallway the open plan living space is mapped out before you; spacious, stylish, inspiring and oh what a view! First to the kitchen, this contemporary space is home to the finest fixtures and fittings creating a tempting environment worthy of any talented chef. The open plan nature ensures conversation and stories flow as you chop and stir. Dress the sleek white dining table up for celebrations or keep it relaxed for a lunch-on-the-go, the chic tan leather dining chairs add a stylish twist to holiday dining. The relaxed seating area is set under the oversized windows, cosy up alongside the green canopy of tree tops and wile away the hours with a good book. The warm mustard yellow hues and muted greys of the soft furnishings add a splash of colour to the warmth of the wooden floor and contrasting modern kitchen, with a keen eye on detail the owners have thoughtfully created a great sense of serenity. A ground floor WC and laundry room is conveniently placed. The staircase leads to the first floor from the hallway where a choice of 4 bedrooms and family bathroom bring a boutique ambiance. The master bedroom offers a king bedded room with indulgent oval double bath set freestanding within the room, soak up the natural elements through the private setting with leafy green view. Bedroom two with king bed is no less considered with striking corner window framing the skyline and super-stylish furniture and ensuite bathroom. To the rear of Sky House is a welcoming zip/lock bedded room, as perfect for children as for adults. The 4th room is a charming single bedded room dressed in fresh whites and the family bathroom presents a tranquil setting with large contemporary shower.
On Your Doorstep
Sky House offers outside spaces on both levels. Set just off the kitchen and living space is a generous decked area with dining table and chairs. Glass railings provide unimpeded views of the landscape. Slide back the floor to ceiling glass doors and enjoy this space as an extension to the house. On the upper deck a private hot tub is accessed via the master bedroom or bedroom four. Step out onto the large decked area and absorb the elements from this elevated position. The scene is set for the ultimate first class experience as you soak away the day under the canopy of stars. From this lofty position, the blue seas of the bay can be seen through the tree tops. Sky House is one of ten houses sensitively positioned across the hillside, mindful of the harmony of the existing mature trees and natural topography of the area, the architect has cleverly ensured each home is awarded a private aspect amidst the secluded 3.5 acres of woodland. If you are new to the area or it is home from home, the North Cornish coast is Cornwall's natural playground and just waiting to be explored. The sandy shores of Trevaunance Cove are moments away and a wonderful place to enjoy a day on the beach, the cove is a local surf hot spot so a great opportunity to hit the waves. St Agnes is located within a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the iconic tin mines and landmarks are easily evident. The village itself combines a more traditional ambiance with a cool artisan cafes and shops, a local greengrocer, butchers and bakers. Those with a taste for good food are rewarded with a tempting choice of places to dine from the local pub grub of Driftwood Spars to the indulgent bistro menu of No.4. Further afield the coastline stretches up beyond Watergate Bay and Padstow, home to some of Cornwall's finest chefs. If action and adventure is in the agenda then the friendly crew from Koru Kayaking are all set to get you afloat and enjoy the coastline from the high seas. Avid walkers can hit the trail from your holiday door as the South West Coastal path is easily accessed. Due to the unique location of Sky House, the parking is located at the lower level with woodland pathways and steps leading to the higher level (please refer to the access statement for further details)
From your morning rise and shine to evenings serenity, absorb the natural serenity of Sky House
- From the car park there are several flights of steps and pathways leading up to the property (approx 130 vertical steps) and then approx 8 steps down to the front door upon leaving the pathway
- Level access to lower balcony, one step up to higher balcony
- One internal flight of stairs
- Choose from 4 boutique bedrooms each flawlessly styled to evoke the cool natural surroundings, a sensitive colour palette of soft greens, browns and whites.
- Master bedroom: A king bedded room with lockable access to the balcony and hot tub, built in wardrobe, chest of drawers, bedside tables with lamps, ensuite WC and wash hand basin with in the room double freestanding bathtub
- Bedroom One: A king bedded room with built in wardrobe, chest of drawers, bedside table with lamp, ensuite bathroom
- Bedroom Two: A zip/lock bedded room (can be set as a twin or double) with built in storage, bedside tables with lamps, hairdryer
- Bedroom Three: A single bedded room with chest of drawers, flat screen TV, lockable access to balcony with hot tub
- To complement the luxury bedrooms, the bathrooms are no less considered with the finest Porcelanosa fixtures and fittings that enhance the natural ambience
- Family bathroom: A tranquil ambiance with large adjustable shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail and WC
- Master bedroom: A sleek double freestanding oval bath set within the bedroom with beautiful rural views, a separate wash hand basin and WC
- Bedroom Two: Ensuite bath with over the bath adjustable shower, heated towel rail, wash hand basin, WC
- Cloakroom: (ground floor) wash hand basin and WC
- A fully fitted modern kitchen created to the highest standards
- Double Neff electric oven
- Central Neff induction hobs
- Built in Neff microwave
- American style Samsung larder fridge/freezer
- Ice machine and chilled water
- Wine fridge
- Central island unit with 4 stools
- Nespresso magimix coffee machine - a selection of coffee pods are provided
- Utilities: a separate utility area with Bosch washing machine, Bosch tumble dryer, iron with ironing board, clothes airer
- A wonderful living, dining and kitchen space thoughtfully designed to bring a unique sense of space and harmony with the natural backdrop
- A smart glass white dining table with tan leather dining chairs, seating for up to 8
- Ercol inspired sideboard
- An outside dining table with dining chairs set just off the kitchen
- 2 handmade comfortable sofas offering ample seating for all
- Bespoke wooden coffee table
- Stylish cowhide chaise longue
- Traditional wood burner
- Wall mounted flat screen TV with Freeview and access to BBC iplayer, Netflix, and Amazon
- Wireless sound bar which can be paired with any bluetooth device or via any headphone jack
Relaxed outside sofa seating
- Outside shower
- Superfast Wifi
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Under floor heating on the ground floor
- Central heating on the first floor
- Located on a UNESCO world heritage site
- Designed by internationally acclaimed architect Joel Turkel
- Travel cot and highchair
- 2 x Stairgates
- Electric BBQ on lower terrace
- Childs toilet seat and step up
- Ground floor coat storage
- Two well behaved dogs welcomed, house rules and pet supplement will apply
- Private parking for one car (please note parking for Sky House is located approx 5 minutes away)
- Additional parking nearby
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- Due to the safety aspect of having the luxury bath in the bedroom, plug sockets in the master bedroom are no longer available.
- Due to the unique treetop location, supermarkets will deliver to the parking area but not to the front door of Sky House.
Explore St Agnes / Perranporth and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.