The Shambles Rock / Polzeath / Port Isaac
- Sleeps 4
- Bedrooms 2
- Bathrooms 2
A glorious Cornish cottage in the heart of Port Isaac
Located in the heart and soul of Port Isaac's community, The Shambles is a glorious Cornish cottage recently transformed to combine authentic features with more modern order. Two oh-so-stylish bedrooms offer accommodation for up to four guests and includes the master suite with free-standing copper bath. As appealing for winter stays as for summer escapes, the social spaces encourage rest and relaxation beside crackling fires or offer a perfect holiday base from which to come and go. Step out just a few strides from your cottage door and into the narrow streets, artisan shops and cafes and of course the iconic Port Isaac harbour front and beach, now famed for the backdrop to ITV's Doc Martin and the Fisherman's Friends film (a must watch!)
Cornish Gems are so pleased to welcome The Shambles to the north Cornwall collection. The Shambles is our only Gem within the village, immerse yourself in the heart and soul of Port Isaac's tradition and culture.
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
The Shambles is a two-storey cottage tucked away behind the harbour-front. Arrive into the living and dining space where original slate flooring, exposed beams and cottage character set the scene for a very Cornish holiday. Spend mornings flipping from bed to the shoreline as the village awakes, take an early dip in the sea and stroll home for breakfast. Open up the stable door to enjoy the sounds of Port Isaac with all its comings and goings. A few steps up (ducking your head from the original lintel of course) leads into the enviable fully fitted kitchen which has been thoughtfully kitted out to include Sophie Conran and Le Creuset crockery and ample space to create culinary Cornish inspired meals. With fresh fish and seafood plucked from the bay that day, self-catering has never been so appealing. The stairs to the first floor lead from the living area and up to two bedrooms and a family bathroom. The master suite is surprisingly spacious with a sumptuous king sized bed, a stylish colour palette of warm orange and soft greys and superb free-standing deep copper bath for the ultimate pamper. A further double bedroom offers a chic-nautical twist with colourful octopus fabrics. A contemporary rainfall shower room completes the first floor layout.
On Your Doorstep
A morning cuppa can be enjoyed sitting on the doorstep or taking your tea and toast a few steps to the harbour. With such a plum location in Port Isaac, the village is an extension to your holiday space and where visitors rub shoulders with friendly locals. The fishing heritage is at the heart of village life and colourful boats can be seen heading out on the tides to fish the traditional way and haul the crab and lobster pots. The backdrop to many a film and TV programme, Port Isaac has become a popular place to visit with its white washed cottages, high cliffs, beach and harbour wall offering a picture postcard view. There is a tempting collection of places to eat and drink just a short walk away from The Golden Lion pub (quite literally 1 minute walk) to Nathan Outlaw's Fish Kitchen or The Mote. Pasties are baked daily and can be enjoyed the Cornish way, eaten by hand with a stunning view! The south west coastpath is easily accessed from your holiday door heading up and over some of the counties most scenic vantage points towards Port Quin. If day tripping is on the agenda then head west towards Padstow and the long sandy beaches of Watergate Bay and Harlyn or north to Trebarwith Strand. The myth and legend of Tintagel is recommended where connections to King Arthur are unearthed and the new suspension foot bridge leads over crashing waves below.
Port Isaac is much loved by those that have experienced its tradition and charm. Cornish Gems is so pleased to share The Shambles, our flagship home in the village, with guests looking to enjoy holiday luxury with the appeal of village life, whatever the season.
- From the allocated parking area at the top of the town, it is approx 5 minute walk down to the cottage via a steep hill. Cars can drive down the narrow road to unload only. There are 5 steps up to the front door.
- Limited head height leading from the living area to the kitchen.
- There are two internal flight of stairs, one leading to the first floor and a further 3 steps leading up to the kitchen from the living area.
- Choose from two beautiful bedrooms located on the first floor
- Bedroom one: King bed, clothes storage, 32 inch Smart TV, copper roll top bath within the room
- Bedroom two: Double bed, clothes storage, 32 inch Smart TV
- Bedroom one: A free-standing copper roll-top bath within the bedroom
- Family bathroom: Shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- A seperate modern fully fitted kitchen
- Electric oven
- Induction hob
- Under counter fridge with freezer compartment
- SMEG Lavazza coffee machine with milk frother
- Bistro style kitchen table and 2 chairs
- Utilities include: iron with ironing board
Living and Dining
- An open plan living and dining space located on the ground floor
- Large Chesterfield sofa
- Two pouffes
- Single relaxed chair
- Roberts Bluetooth speaker
- 32 inch Smart TV
- Log burner
- Round dining table with 4 chairs
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Allocated parking for one car located approx 5 minute walk from the cottage at the top of the village. Parking dimensions: Length 5.25M. Width 1.8M. Height 1.8 MAX
- Pet free
- 1 minute walk to the harbour and beach
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- There is no mobile reception in Port Isaac, WiFi calling is possible within the cottage.
- Please note there is no washing machine or tumble dryer at The Shambles.
- There is no travel cot, highchair, stairgate
What to Expect
Explore Rock / Polzeath / Port Isaac and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.