Set within three acres, The Willows offers a luxury oasis set within the heart of magical south Cornwall. Once a forgotten agricultural barn, this wonderful country abode has been flawlessly transformed to present a very special holiday home-from-home combining original Cornish features with a more modern order. Five boutique style bedrooms offer luxury accommodation for up to 10 guests with a generous layout of social spaces including the light and lofty living room occupying the first floor wing and extensive established garden with Moroccan inspired terrace. New for 2021, an extensive kitchen extension and garden landscaping, including an al fresco kitchen, delivers luxury to a new level. Whether family celebrations full of pop and sparkle, lazy summer stays with the extended family or a winter hideaway with friends, tailor-make your memorable stay at The Willows.
From the moment we arrived, our holiday was full of laughter and we all felt instantly relaxed at The Willows. We woke to the birds singing and enjoyed the garden long into the evening. We will certainly be back!
- Dog Friendly
- Wood Burner
Follow the leafy lanes that flank the River Fowey and arrive at the private courtyard setting of The Willows. From the moment you arrive, unplug from the bustle of everyday and step into relaxed holiday life the Cornish way as the rural evergreen landscape sets the scene. Open the door to the main barn and into a welcoming hallway. The new modern kitchen, dining and seating area is flooded with natural light from the full height glass doors and becomes the hub to home as friends and family come together over delicious food, good conversation and stories of the days adventures. Dress the table up for celebratory suppers, keep it simple for brunch on the go or simply kick back with a morning coffee and daily paper before the house awakes. A stylish super king size bedroom is located on the ground floor offering a fresh white inviting bedroom with inspired indulgent bathroom. A convenient cloakroom with WC completes the ground floor. Climb the stairs to the first floor where the large landing space invites children to spread out with books and board games. With a sharp eye for luxurious and thoughtful design, the wonderful living room offer serious style and a relaxed space for all to the enjoy. Light the fire and hunker down for afternoon tea, pop on your favourite movie and simply enjoy the company. Three luxury bedrooms and two bathrooms are set across the first floor, each dressed to impress in a colour palette of country hues. The old stables have been created just-for-two and is located just a hop and skip across the courtyard. This split level self contained barn includes an open plan layout on the ground floor with galley style kitchen, dining space and relaxed living area with a stylish king size bedroom, dressing room and shower room on the first floor.
On Your Doorstep
The Willows is set within three acres of verdant meadows and established garden. Step outside from the kitchen or the front door, into the newly created luxury terrace with attractive water feature, al fresco kitchen and ample space to sit and relax. The elevated Moroccan inspired terrace welcomes the al fresco party atmosphere with ample seating for all with bright clashing pink, white and orange cushions. Soak up the sun or stoke up the chimnea as the evening cools. The garden brims with colour in all seasons as hydrangeas burst in blues, pinks and whites and wisteria beautifully borders the stone buildings. Follow the garden path to the gate and let children and dogs run free through the meadow offering views of the meandering River Fowey and attractive hamlet of St Winnow. If you can bare to leave your wonderland of Penquite, map out your days on the Cornish coast and explore this very special corner of Cornwall. The River Fowey is picture perfect as it wends its way through Golant and to the popular maritime town of Fowey. Fowey has long been a haven for hardy sailors and today combines the nautical appeal with chic cafes, artisan shops, cool bars and traditional Cornish pubs. For BBC's Poldark fans, head to the historic port of Charlestown where you may well catch a glimpse of the lights, camera, action with Ross and Demelza! If walking is on the agenda, breathe new life into your walking boots and hit the river bank trails, the circular Hall Walk is highly recommended. St Austell Bay is the gateway to the stunning Roseland Peninsula with a collection of sandy beaches, crystal clear swimming waters and coastal town of St Mawes. The nearest beach to The Willows is Readymoney Cove, a hidden cove accessed via a beautiful walk through coastal fields. Garden lovers will adore the innovative Eden Project with its jaw dropping biomes and exotic botanicals or explore the National Trust portfolio including Lanhydrock House just a short drive away.
- There is level access from the parking area to the front door.
- The courtyard area is level. There are approx 16 steps up to the elevated terrace, please note the garden is uneven in places..
- One internal flight of stairs within the barn and one internal flight of stairs within the little barn.
- Choose from a collection of 5 boutique bedrooms: 4 in the main barn and 1 in the Stables
- Bedroom one: 1st floor, super king size bed, ensuite
- Bedroom two: 1st floor, twin beds
- Bedroom three: 1st floor, super king size bed
- Bedroom four: ground floor, super king size bed, ensuite
- Bedroom five: 1st floor, king size bed
- Bedroom one: ensuite shower, copper bath, wash hand basin, bidet, WC
- Family bathroom: Bath, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom four: ensuite bath with hand held shower, separate electric shower, double wash hand basin, WC
- Cloakroom with wash hand basin and WC located on the ground floor
- Bedroom five: Walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC
- A fully fitted kitchen
- Lacanche electric oven
- Induction hob
- Large full height freezer
- Larger full height fridge
- Wine fridge
- 2 x dishwashers
- Built in microwave
- Krups coffee machine for coffee pods, a starter pack of pods will be provided
- Kitchen aid - multi mixer/blender
- Bose sound system
- Access to the garden
- A seperate utility area with washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board, clothes airer, vacuum cleaner
- Electric oven
- Electric hob
- Small under counter fridge
- Krups coffee machine for coffee pods
- A country kitchen wooden dining table with 10 dining chairs
- New seating area set within the kitchen extension
- A beautiful living room located on the first floor of the main barn
- Large corner sofa with seating for up to 5 guests
- Large sofa for up to 4 guests
- Two relaxed armchairs
- Side tables
- 50" smart Apple TV
- Blu Ray DVD player
- Collection of books, games and DVD's
- Traditional log burner
- Circular dining table with three dining chairs
- Three seater sofa
- 32" TV
- Luxury linens and towels
- Travel cot
- Charcoal kettle BBQ
- Large outside dining table and chairs
- Al fresco kitchen with large gas BBQ, sink, gas/wood pizza oven
- Large built in seating area within the upper terrace with further relaxed chairs
- Two sun loungers with garden parasol
- Circular bench seating for up to 8 guests
- Ample parking for up to 4-5 cars
- Up to 2 small dogs welcome to stay, house rules apply
- Separate gym/games room with 2 running machines, large TV, relaxed seating
- The summer house is available for guests between May - end of September.
Explore Fowey and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.