Our Sustainability Statement
Cornish Gems recognises the importance of environmental responsibility and we are committed as a business to operate sustainably and continually review and work towards improving our environmental performance.
Our Sustainability Initiatives:
- Reducing waste from our Welcome Gifts by offering guests choices and removing refrigerated items from the gift. This enabled us to implement a more efficient delivery service with a lower carbon footprint.
- We have opted for Cornish products that are sustainably packaged for our Welcome Gifts. This reduces the carbon footprint of the Welcome Gift, minimises plastic waste and supports local businesses.
- We have stopped supplying toiletries in single-use plastic containers in our properties where we manage the changeovers.
- We annually select a local charity to fundraise for and inform our guests about.
- Our office has reduced its power usage with the installation of a smart meter and timer plugs and we do not use bottled water coolers.
- We offer a tree planting option to our guests in lieu of a Welcome Pack.
- We operate a cycle to work scheme assisting employees with a bike purchase.
- We have an online shop that sells plastic-free and sustainable living items.
- We re-use received packaging to protect the products being posted.
- We promote environmental responsibility via our Cornish Gems social media posts.
- Our housekeepers and our office cleaners use plant-based non toxic cleaning products where possible.
- We re-cycle cleaning product bottles and encourage staff to recycle theirs for the office / use concentrated products to reduce plastic.
- We organise travel routes to eliminate unnecessary journeys.
- We promote a paper-free office and have a comprehensive recycling programme.
- Working from home / car sharing / recycling / using local environmental-friendly suppliers (ie linen, welcome gifts, printers)