Set within the heart of maritime Falmouth, Captain's View offers a flawless home from home in which to rest and relax before stepping out from your holiday door. This beautiful coastal townhouse has been lovingly created for friends and family to come together in a luxury setting and capture the panoramic views and ebb and flow of the River Fal. The house offers three boutique bedrooms, open plan living spaces and attractive courtyard garden. Whether Summer stay or Winter escape, Captain's View ensures a warm Falmouth welcome.
Cornish Gems are delighted to welcome Captain's View to the coastal portfolio - luxury holiday living in the heart of nautical Falmouth
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
Captain's View occupies the two upper and middle floor of an extensive end of terrace townhouse offering an exclusive setting within central Falmouth overlooking the still waters of the River Fal. Arrive through the rear courtyard gate and step into the house on the first floor, a light and welcoming hallway come boot room is the perfect place to stow your holiday kit. Steps lead up to the hub of the house and the open plan living room. This serene space has been considerately styled in soft neutral tones leading the eye to the unrivalled coastal views through the original sash windows. Wile away the afternoon with a good book and quite literally watch the boats sail by or gather as a family and catch up on that all important quality time. The kitchen and dining space is set just off the living area where guests can get creative with Falmouth's local ingredients and enjoy self catering in style. A cloakroom completes the first floor. Climb the stairs to the 2nd floor where 2 bedrooms have been dressed to impress in shades of soft blues or the warmth of creams and browns. A contemporary bathroom on the 2nd floor is no less considered with luxury rain shower. Climb the stairs to the third bedroom set within the eaves of Captain's View with original exposed red brick feature wall, wonderful river views and cool urban loft-luxury ambiance.
On Your Doorstep
An attractive courtyard garden is located to the rear of the house and offers a tranquil place to enjoy a morning's coffee, afternoon tea or a spot of al fresco dining. Roses burst with colour from Spring into Summer whilst verdant greenery offers shade and privacy throughout the year. Wander from your door along the banks of the River and towards the town where Falmouth has embraced it's maritime roots and has sensitively added more modern order with a host of independent shops, cafes, bars and restaurants. Discovery Quay is well worth a visit as luxury yachts take shelter in the marina, boutique shops and bars centre around a landscaped piazza. The National Maritime Museum is perfect for all ages and charts the history of nautical Falmouth. There are a number of beaches to explore including Gyllygnvase Beach and the tempting Gylly Cafe, Swanpool Beach and Maenporth Beach each sheltered from the surf and offering superb swimming and water sports opportunities. Try your hand at Paddle boarding or explore the creeks in Kayaks. The Fal River Company offer a host of boat passenger trips and are a great way to explore, head over to St Mawes for lunch, walk the coast paths from Flushing or stay on board all afternoon and head up the river.
If you are new to Falmouth or it has become a familiar favourite, the diversity, culture and beauty make this extra special corner of Cornwall one of our favourites. Check into Captain's View and live the holiday highlife.
For smaller parties, Captain's Rest can be booked as a self contained sleeps 2 option or enjoy the luxury of larger accommodation and book both Captain's View and Captain's Rest together offering accommodation for a party of 8.
- There is a hill to the side of the house that leads to the access, guests can pull up to unload however.
- From the front door there are 3 steps down to the courtyard garden area.
- Bedroom 3 is set within the eaves of the house with slope ceiling in places. There is a slightly steeper flight of stairs with 12 steps and rope handrail to this level.
- There are 3 internal flights of stairs.
- A beautiful collection of 3 bedrooms located on the second and third floors.
- Bedroom one: 2nd floor. Super king zip/lock bed (can be set as a twin), bedside tables with lamps, ample clothes storage, hairdryer, 40" Apple TV, DAB radio
- Bedroom two: 2nd floor. King bedded room, bedside tables with lamps, ample clothes storage, hairdryer, sea views, ensuite
- Bedroom three: 3rd floor. Super king bedded room, bedside tables with lamps, ample clothes storage, 40" Apple TV, radio
- First floor cloakroom with wash hand basin and WC
- Bedroom two: ensuite bathroom with bath, over the bath raindrop shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Family shower room: 2nd floor. Shower, heated towel rail, wash hand basin, WC
- Electric oven
- Gas hobs
- Large fridge
- Wine fridge
- DAB radio
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- Two seater sofa
- Three seater sofa
- 32" Apple TV
- Coffee table
- Desk with chair
- 3 armchair
- Gas effect fire
- Large dining table with 6 dining chairs set within the kitchen
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Outside bench seat
- Outside dining table and chairs
- Outside tap
- On street parking available on a first come first serve basis at the front of the house
- Travel cot
- Up to 2 well behaved dogs welcomed, a small pet supplement is applicable.
- A large library of books for all ages
- Enclosed garden
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore Falmouth / Flushing / Helford and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.