A wonderful stylish townhouse, perfect for all seasons
Located on the exclusive Esplanade within maritime Fowey, Inches Quay has been lovingly transformed for luxury holidays on the Cornish coast. This beautiful townhouse offers guests a truly stylish base where up to 8 guests can relax within the open plan social spaces, four boutique bedrooms and the spacious elevated private terrace. Gaze out to the tranquil waters and soak up the ebb and flow of the River Fowey as international yachts sail by, the chug-chug of the passenger ferries and fishing boats. Fowey is a wonderful base in all seasons with a plethora of artisan shops, cool cafes, award-winning restaurants and traditional Cornish pubs.
An amazing house in a fabulous location! We hope to return very soon.
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Inches Quay is a coastal townhouse set over 3 floors. Step into the hallway and lead into the heart of the house, the light and welcoming living area with open plan kitchen and dining space. Gather as a group to map out the day ahead, sit aside the fire in cooler months or enjoy family celebrations against the backdrop of the river views. Inspired by industrial chic, the striking slate blue/grey kitchen adds a modern twist amidst the original features. The budding chef in the party is well catered for, whipping up holiday menus in this culinary creative space. Dine around the thoughtfully designed dining table with built-in bench seating and wooden panelling. A tucked away cloakroom completes the ground floor. Climb the central staircase to the light and sunny first floor where guests can choose from the warmth of the sunshine yellow king bedded room, the coastal blues of the zip/lock bedroom or the playful design of the cabin bunk bedded room. Ascend to the second floor and step into the luxury haven of the master bedroom with superking bed, freestanding headboard and original exposed brick wall. The family bathroom is located on the second floor with stylish tiling and copper taps.
On Your Doorstep
Inches Quay offers two sit out spaces, to the front of the house is an area of built-in seating just perfect for that morning cuppa. Steps lead up from the kitchen area and the side of the house to an elevated large private terrace with outside dining table and chairs. This suntrap courtyard welcomes al fresco dining from lazy breakfasts to evening suppers. A smaller lower terrace is set just off the first floor with two relaxed sun chairs. The house is set within a plum location in Fowey with the high street just a 3 minute walk away. Fowey has long been home to hardy sailors and all things nautical and today the town maintains its maritime heritage yet offers a delightful cosmopolitan fusion of stylish cafes and boutique shops. Readymoney Cove is just a short walk away, a sandy tidal beach where the river meets the blue sea of St Austell Bay or jump in the car and head to Polridmouth, a hidden sandy cove great for swimming. The Roseland Peninsula is along the coast offering many more beaches or swap coasts and explore the north where rolling surf meets high cliffs. If walking is on the agenda then breathe new life into your walking boots and head up and over Gribben Head to the Daymark and capture some of Cornwall's most beautiful natural scenery. Hop on a ferry, kayak the creeks or simply watch the world sail by in Fowey. The Eden Project is approx 20 minutes drive away and well worth a visit to see the iconic biomes and outstanding botanical gardens or head to The Lost Gardens of Heligan and discover the unearthed beauty.
- There are 16 steps up from the road to the front door.
- There are 16 steps up from the kitchen level to the top terrace.
- There are 2 internal flights of stairs with handrail.
- Choose from four stylish bedrooms set across the first and second floors.
- Bedroom one: 2nd floor. Superking bed, chest of drawers, built in wardrobe, river views, ensuite
- Bedroom two: 1st floor. King bed, dressing table with stool, built-in wardrobe, river views, ensuite
- Bedroom three: 1st floor. Superking zip/lock bed, built-in wardrobe, dressing table with stool
- Bedroom four. 1st floor. Bunk beds (3ft mattresses), base drawers, knitted pouffe, hanging rail and hangers, four seater sofa, 40" Smart TV, tri-fold doors with access to the middle terrace
- Bedroom one: 2nd floor. Ensuite rain shower, double wash hand basins within the room, WC
- Family bathroom: 2nd floor. Deep bath, hand held over the bath shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom two: 1st floor. Ensuite walk-in rain drop shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Ground floor cloakroom with wash hand basin and WC
- A modern fully fitted kitchen
- Central island unit
- Induction hobs
- Electric integrated oven
- Integrated combination microwave
- Large fridge freezer with chilled water dispenser
- Bluetooth music system
- Krupps Nespresso for coffee pods
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- Four seater sofa
- Three seater sofa
- Three armchairs
- Built-in window seat
- Side tables
- 40" Smart TV
- Blueray DVD
- Log burner
- Large dining table with bench seating and dining chairs
- Baby friendly - what's included
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Travel cot
- Two well behaved dogs are welcome - please refer to booking terms
- Large outside dining table and chairs
- Two relaxing sun chairs
- Built-in garden seating to the front of the house
- Secure parking for one car located approx 10 minutes walk from Inches Quay, additional long stay car parks available in Fowey
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore Fowey and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.