Hir Barn Falmouth / Flushing / Helford
- Sleeps 10
- Bedrooms 5
- Bathrooms 4
- Dogs 2
NEW for 2023 - A beautiful refurbished barn just moments from the beach
This exquisite, light-filled barn conversion is located in the coastal village of Flushing (just across the water from the vibrant, maritime town of Falmouth). The barn is a clever architectural blend of old and new, offering contemporary interior design and plenty of Cornish light. The barn is without question the perfect base from which to enjoy precious holiday time on Cornwall’s south coast. Hir Barn is within walking distance to the shops, pubs and lovely beach. ** Short breaks are available on request.
Cornish Gems are delighted to welcome Hir Barn to the portfolio. We know that families will enjoy many special moments within this beautiful setting.
- Dog Friendly
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
On entering Hir Barn, you are greeted with an enormity of light, airy space and characterful features. The front door opens into an over-sized, open plan kitchen, dining room and two living areas, separated by a stunning, bespoke steel and glass staircase. High ceilings with exposed beams and a mezzanine level overlook the open plan spaces. Get creative in the sleek, fully-fitted kitchen, complete with range oven and a wonderful, marble-topped island to gather around. The double height living room tempts guests after days filled with adventure. There are three sofas to sink into, and a cosy wood burner to light up on winter evenings. Just off the kitchen, the second sitting rooms tempts guests with two sofas, statement artwork and a concealed staircase leading to the glass fronted mezzanine, which is the perfect nook for children to play a game or adults to find a quiet moment, or even work remotely. A sumptuous master bedroom with contemporary ensuite, and a handy boot room complete the downstairs footprint. Upstairs, a further four bedrooms and three bathrooms await. Their earthy colour paletes create a calm feel, perfect for laid-back escapes throughout the seasons.
On Your Doorstep
The garden at Hir Barn is a blissful oasis. South facing and spacious, this is a wonderful setting in which to dine together, play summertime games and huddle around the fire pit for an atmospheric sundowner. Hir Barn is well placed for those wanting to explore the maritime town of Falmouth and the wider delights of Cornwall’s picturesque south coast. Flushing is a serene coastal village, settled on the riverside. Within walking distance into the village, you will find the village shop, two pubs and Flushing Sailing Club. From Flushing there is a year round passenger ferry to Falmouth, so guests can experience the hustle and bustle of pretty Falmouth - which is a vibrant town filled with tempting eateries, independent shops and a thriving art scene - and then hop back across the river to tranquil Flushing. The walk from Flushing to Mylor takes in views of the beautiful Carrick Roads waterway to St Mawes, St Just In Roseland and St Anthony, right at the entrance to the harbour.
- Level access from the parking to the front door.
- Level access into the garden, from the living area.
- One internal flight of stairs.
- Ground floor bedroom with ensuite.
- Choose from five impeccably designed bedrooms.
- Master bedroom: First floor, super king size bed, bedside tables, clothes storage, ensuite.
- Bedroom 2: Ground floor, king size bed, bedside tables, ensuite.
- Bedroom 3: Twin beds.
- Bedroom 4: Twin beds.
- Bedroom 5: King size bed, arm chair, clothes storage, ensuite.
- Master bedroom ensuite: First floor, shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail and WC.
- Family bathroom: First floor, bath, shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail and WC.
- Bedroom 2 ensuite: Ground floor, shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC.
- Bedroom 3 ensuite: First floor, shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC.
- AGA oven and stove top
- Breakfast bar with three stools
- Fridge and freezer
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer.
Living and Dining
- An open plan living, dining and kitchen space located on the ground floor
- Living area with two large sofas and two arm chairs
- Log burner
- Coffee table
- B-fold doors out to the patio
- Separate sitting room with three sofas and a coffee table
- Large dining table with ten contemporary dining chairs
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Travel cot
- High chair
- Stair gate
- Outside dining table
- Two well behaved dogs welcome
- Parking on the driveway for 6 cars
- Inviting garden with patio area
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
What to Expect
Explore Falmouth / Flushing / Helford and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.