An outstanding coastal home ready for friends and family
Merry Mead is an iconic coastal home in the heart of beautiful St Mawes on the Roseland Peninsula. Today, this spectacular house has been lovingly transformed by the current owners to provide the ultimate Cornwall holiday. Offering four luxury ensuite bedrooms, impressive and generous social spaces, two garden terraces and an indulgent indoor swimming pool, Merry Mead is ready to welcome the next generation of friends and family, whatever the season. The glorious coastal views sweep from the white washed cottages and harbour of St Mawes, out to the iconic St Anthony's lighthouse and across Falmouth Bay towards the Helford River. St Mawes was recently voted 'best seaside resort in the UK' and it is easy to see why as world-class yachts sail by, stylish eateries open their doors and sheltered beaches lead into clear Cornish waters.
Fantastic position, ample space, deck superb. Some thought gone into positioning of things. Good range of kitchen utensils etc. Fitted out to a very high standard. As described, and in accordance with charge.
Merry Mead is a modern private home set over three floors and has been seamlessly created to capture the glorious views at every turn. Arrive into the welcoming hallway on the ground floor where nautical art and coastal hues instantly set the scene. Lead into the spacious hub of the house, the open plan modern kitchen, sun room and dining space. Full height glass windows blur the boundaries between inside and outside flooding the rooms with natural light. The kitchen is ready with all you need and more for your holiday menu and, when in Cornwall, what better than the freshest of seafood and fish. From the smartest of Miele appliances to the beautiful blue and white crockery, breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in the dining space in true Merry Mead style. Leading through into the separate sitting room, the views are no less impressive as guests gather together in complete comfort to chat and unwind. Completing the ground floor is a cloakroom and practical utility area for all your jackets and wellingtons. From the hallway, wooden steps lead up to a private bedroom haven with king sized bed and ensuite bathroom. The remaining three luxury ensuite bedrooms are set across the lower ground floor and have each been individually styled including the master suite with a soft sage green and cream colour palette or the seaward facing king bedroom with nautical lamps and coastal stripes. Access to the indulgent pool is via lockable doors on the lower ground floor, with sea views on three sides, plunge into the warm water against the coastal backdrop. The pool is perfect for unwinding after a day on the water, switch on integrated spa jets for the most perfect holiday bliss.
On Your Doorstep
Merry Mead offers ample opportunities to sit outside and soak up the Cornish sun. From J-class yachts to small day boats, watch the world quite literally sail by as world class sailors flock to the sheltered waters of Carrick Roads. The upper terrace is accessed from the sun room or the dining space where bi-fold doors can be slid back to reveal the elements. This incredible vantage point encourages sundowner drinks before dinner or a quiet morning coffee with the paper. A spiral staircase leads down onto the lower terrace which is beautifully planted and offers a larger space for children and dogs to play. A large wooden dining table is perfect for lunch on the go or simple suppers. Steps lead down to a smaller lawned area and the gate leading onto the single track road heading down to the harbour. St Mawes has long been known for its maritime connections as fishing vessels chug to and fro and visitors and locals alike enjoy the sailing community. Artisan shops and exclusive galleries ensure no ordinary souvenir whilst smart cafes serve barista prepared coffees. There are number of tempting places to dine in the village, for five star indulgence The Tresanton Hotel (just a few doors from Merry Mead) or The Idle Rocks are well worth a reservation, The Rising Sun or The Victoria pub serve up hearty pub grub or simply enjoy a takeaway crab sandwich on the beach. The Fal River Company shuttle seasonal passenger ferries from the harbour across to Falmouth where a cosmopolitan vibe awaits with cool shops, cafes, museums and maritime history. St Mawes castle is just a skip away from your holiday door, maintained by English Heritage, learn about this artillary fort built in the 1500's to protect from invasion. The Roseland Peninsula is just magical and remains unspoilt with rolling headlands and tucked away fishing coves including Portloe and Portscatho, all worth a visit.
Whether young or just young at heart, Merry Mead is an extra special home in which to spend valuable time and create a unforgettable Cornwall holiday.
- From the bottom of the reasonably steep driveway, there is level access from the car into the hallway via the front door.
- The garden is made up of 2 terraces and a lawned area. From the ground floor there is level access to the upper terrace. A spiral staircase with handrail and 20 steps leads down to the lower terrace. A further 14 steps lead down to the lawned area and gate leading to the road to St Mawes harbour.
- The house is set over 3 levels. 1st Floor: bedroom one. Ground floor: entrance level with kitchen, utility, dining room and sitting room. Lower ground floor: three bedrooms and swimming pool.
- There are 2 internal flights of stairs. 13 steps up to the bedroom on the 1st floor. 13 steps down to the lower ground level. There are also 3 steps down to the pool area.
- Choose from 4 luxury bedrooms set over the first and lower ground floors.
- Bedroom one: first floor (accessed from the hallway): king bed, walk in wardrobe, dressing table, hairdryer, sea views
- Bedroom two: lower ground floor: super king bed, large walk in dressing room, sea views, private doors to the lower terrace
- Bedroom three: lower ground floor: super king zip/lock bed (this can be set as a twin if required), built in wardrobe
- Bedroom four: lower ground floor: king bed, wardrobe, doors to the lower terrace, sea views
- Each bedroom offers a smart contemporay ensuite bathrooms
- Bedroom one: ensuite wet room with walk in rain shower with hand held shower attachment, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom two: ensuite bathroom with large step up bath, separate walk in rain shower, double wash hand basins, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom three: ensuite shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom four: ensuite bathroom with walk in shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Ground floor cloakroom with wash hand basin and WC
- A light filled modern fully fitted kitchen with all mod cons, located on the ground floor
- Double electric oven
- Built in steamer oven
- Built in microwave
- Induction hob
- Miele built in coffee machine with hot milk dispenser
- Two warming drawers
- Full height fridge
- Under counter freezer with 3 drawers
- Double kitchen sink
- Breakfast bar with 3 stools
- Relaxed corner sofa and armchair
- Smart TV
- Access to the upper terrace
- Utilities include: a separate utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, sink, iron with ironing board
- The dining table is set within the open plan kitchen/dining space on the ground floor
- Large wooden dining table
- High-backed dining chairs
- Bi-fold doors to the upper terrace
- The sitting room is located off the dining area, a separate room
- Two x three seater sofas
- Two armchairs
- 40 " Smart TV
- SONOS speaker
- Built in effect fire
- Wonderful sea views
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Private indoor heated swimming pool with integrated spa jets, available throughout the year. The pool has a lockable internal and external doors for safety.
- Outside dining table and bench style seating
- Relaxed outside chairs and sun loungers
- Travel cot
- Stairgate mounted at the top of the stairs at the living room level
- Large gas BBQ
- Upper and lower terraces
- Parking on the drive for 4-5 cars
- One well behaved dog is welcomed to stay, the garden is enclosed with a hedge boundary, it is not enclosed at the front of the house (the non seaward facing side)
- Walk to the harbour in 5 minutes and St Mawes Castle in 1 minute - access to the road through the garden
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- The driveway is reasonably steep but fine for normal cars of any size, low sports cars can be parked on the level area at the top of the drive.
Explore St Mawes / The Roseland and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Our selection of Cornwall's most remarkable holiday homes, exclusive to us
- Force for Good Independent & local, we do our best by our people, community & environment
- Award-Winning Service A holiday experience like no other curated by our passionate & expert team
- Peace of Mind We put our heart & soul into every detail so making memories takes centre stage