White-washed Cornish cottages lead down to the crystal clear water, fishing boats bob about in the harbour and artisan shops and cafes open their doors - welcome to beautiful Mousehole. Set in a much sought-after private mews of fisherman’s cottages right by the water’s edge, Morvoren has been flawlessly and sympathetically transformed with luxury in mind to offer a couples-only Cornwall holiday like no other. With an inspired and simplistic style, this waterfront cottage is set over 3 floors offering an open plan living, dining and kitchen space before ascending to the comfort of the king bedded room and up again to the peaceful sitting area. Glorious sea views can be enjoyed from every room and an attractive planted garden with outside seating invites guests to breathe in the sea air and gaze upon the ever-changing seascapes. The stunning wild west of Cornwall is waiting to be explored as you discover the magic of Porthcurno, Sennen and Lands End, all within easy access.
Morvoren is simply beautiful. The balance of interiors is just right - stylish, simple, comfortable and perfectly in tune with the natural surroundings. The view and location are the icing on the cake. Thank you for sharing this gorgeous home with us and we certainly plan on returning.
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Morvoren is a mid-terrace cottage located in Saltponds, an iconic and exclusive waterfront terrace to the south side of Mousehole harbour. Arrive into the open plan living and dining space where the ocean light floods in and instantly experience the considered blending between old and new, as stylish furniture, artwork and beautiful furnishings complement the original beams and deep window seat overlooking the sea. As perfect for those windswept weekends on the coast as for sunnier stays, this versatile living area ensures tranquil cosy afternoons beside the wood fire or an early morning coffee as the village awakes. At the wooden dining table, enjoy the freshest of Cornish food especially fish and seafood daily from the markets in nearby Newlyn. The kitchen is located to the rear of the cottage, a well thought-out galley style fitted kitchen featuring high-spec appliances, with all you need to get creative. White-washed wooden cottage stairs lead to the first floor bedroom and an oasis of couples luxury with king-sized bed, the finest bedding and linens, a natural coastal colour palette and of course incredible sea views looking out across Mounts Bay. An enviable ensuite bathroom showcases vintage taps and Moroccan inspired white and blue tiles, where better to refresh or unwind. Located on the second floor is a light and lofty sitting area again with breath-taking sea views, a restful area to throw open the window, grab a book and enjoy the sounds of the sea.
On Your Doorstep
To the front of Morvoren overlooking the sea is a small yet inviting planted terrace with a bistro table and two chairs. Waves quite literally lap at your garden wall, seals are often spotted off St Clements Isle and fishing boats come and go with the ebb of the tide - the sights of Mousehole are simply beautiful from your holiday front door. Wander hand-in-hand to the harbour hub in just a few minutes and immerse yourself in village life. Grab a freshly brewed coffee and sit on the beach, pack up fresh crab sandwiches and take with you on the coastal paths, enjoy a lazy lunch at a local cafe and browse the curio shops for the perfect momento of your time in postcard-perfect Mousehole. At high tide, the inner harbour becomes a sheltered playground for swimming, kayaking or paddle boarding. Each year during December, the famous Mousehole harbour lights draw locals and visitors alike to enjoy mulled wine and a hearty community spirit. Day trips from Mousehole couldn't be easier with the west of Cornwall waiting to be explored. The Minack Theatre is Cornwall's world-famous open air theatre set into the rock face with the sea as its backdrop - well worth booking a show after spending the day on Porthcurno beach with its soft white sands and azure waters. Follow the road to Land's End, learn to surf at Sennen and visit St Ives, the jewel in the Cornish crown.
From winter visits wrapped up in the fresh Cornish air to summer stays to experience Cornwall in all its glory, take some time out just for two and book a luxury stay at Morvoren in Mousehole.
- There is level access to the cottage door via a permissive footpath.
- The garden is level and granite paved.
- Morvoren is set over 3 floors (Ground floor: kitchen/dining/living area, 1st floor: Ensuite bedroom and 2nd floor: Relaxed seating area)
White-washed wooden cottage stairs lead to the first floor bedroom and an oasis of couples luxury with king-sized bed, the finest bedding and linens, a fresh and natural coastal colour palette and of course incredible sea views looking out across Mounts Bay.
- Located on the first floor
- King bed
- Built in clothes storage
- Ensuite bathroom
- Breath-taking sea views
An enviable ensuite bathroom showcases vintage taps and Moroccan inspired white and blue tiles, where better to refresh or unwind.
- Ensuite bathroom located on the first floor
- Shower over the bath
- Wash hand basin
- Heated towel rail
- Two waffle bath robes
The kitchen is located to the rear of the cottage, a well thought-out galley style fitted kitchen featuring high-spec appliances, with all you need to get creative.
- Located on the ground floor, a galley style high-spec fully fitted kitchen
- Electric oven Induction hob
- Built in fridge/freezer
- Built in dishwasher
- Krups coffee machine for Nespresso pod coffee
- Utilities include: combination washer/dryer, iron with ironing board
As perfect for those windswept weekends on the coast as for sunnier stays, this versatile living area ensures tranquil cosy afternoons beside the wood fire or an early morning coffee as the village awakes. At the wooden dining table, enjoy the freshest of Cornish food especially fish and seafood daily from the markets in nearby Newlyn.
- An open plan kitchen, dining and living space located on the ground floor
- 32 inch Smart TV
- 2 seater sofa
- Arm chair
- Bluetooth speaker
- Log burner
- Dining table with bench and chair seating
- Breath-taking sea views
- Second floor attic area for reading, relaxing and observing sea life
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Two waffle bath robes
- Wifi – good coverage throughout
- Outside dining table and 2 chairs
- Pet free
- Wonderful sea views
- Central Mousehole location
- Morvoren welcomes couples only
- There is no allocated parking for Morvoren but parking can be secured nearby within the Mousehole car parks or side streets - please refer to the ‘home truths’ tab of this property page
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- Please note that due to the infrastructure of Mousehole, there is limited parking within the town. There is no allocated parking at Morvoren but the nearest car park is South Quay Car Park located to the right of the harbour which is approx 4 min walk away. The South Quay Car Park includes parking along the South Quay and also in a small area of tarmac immediately above the beach. The car park is pay and display and guests can pay for a 24 hour stay, long stay tickets are not available so guests will need to top up the meter accordingly. The cost per day is £5.00. Guests can pull up via car to unload within 1 min walk of the front door.
- There is limited mobile phone coverage in this location. Please check with your carrier for further information. Morvoren does have good wifi coverage throughout the property.
- Morvoren is part of Saltponds, a beautiful mews of fishermans’ cottages. There is a private footpath that runs in front of the cottages and between the gardens, the other residents of Saltponds have permissive access.
- Please note that Morvoren has some low ceilings, so this property may not be suitable for taller guests.
Explore Mousehole / Newlyn / Penzance and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.