A fabulous Cornish Gem for your holiday highlife
Those looking for a luxury, rural retreat on the coast, with easy access to the sweeping sands and charming towns of North Cornwall need look no further. Inspiring interiors, stunning countryside and estuary views and a unique outdoor space make Roundhouse Mill an idyllic sanctuary for family and friends. Wonderfully placed in a plum position on the North Cornwall coast, Roundhouse Mill is just a ten minute drive from the bustling streets of Padstow or the stylish village of Rock, and some of Cornwall's top beaches including Trevone and Harlyn. A picture-perfect holiday in Cornwall awaits you.
We had such a wonderful family holiday at Roundhouse Mill. The views, the house and the garden were just perfect and we loved exploring north Cornwall. We are already planning a return trip!
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
- Hot Tub
This reverse level, stone barn conversion has been designed to capture those stunning Cornish vistas. Arrive into the ground floor where four luxury bedrooms and three contemporary bathrooms await. Each bedroom has a country feel, accentuated by partly exposed stone walls and quality furnishings - a totally tranquil space to sink into after days spent exploring the coast. The master bedroom steps down to the wide open outdoor patio, beckoning you to spend a lazy morning in the Cornish sun. Upstairs, guests are welcomed into an open plan kitchen and dining space, where family and friends can group together for meals made with fresh Cornish produce. The modern yet country style kitchen is as stylish as it is practical. Chit-chats can be had around the central island, and the marine blue cupboards bring the colours of the coast inside. Just off the kitchen, the morning sun streams into the orangery, where you can plot your day's adventures while soaking up the views of the estuary and beyond. Steps lead down from the dining space to the show-stopping living room really is a space for all seasons; from throwing open the glass doors in the Summer and stepping onto the spacious balcony, to huddling around the roaring log fire in the Winter. Tastefully decorated in soft hues, this social space encourages good conversation late into the night. The living room origionally housed the mill wheel, hence the name Roundhouse Mill.
On Your Doorstep
A morning coffee never tasted as good as when sipped from the terrace at Roundhouse Mill whilst you soak up the green and blue views of the fields leading down to the Camel Estuary. Laze the day away in the hammock, dine al fresco as the sun sets, and then sink into the bubbling hot tub to stargaze. Children can run and play on the spacious garden to their hearts content (and be washed off in the heated outdoor shower!). Nestled between Padstow and Wadebridge, Roundhouse Mill is perfectly positioned for discovering North Cornwall. Accessed just a ten minute stroll down the lane, families can cycle The Camel Trail to Padstow (1.5 miles) which is a great day out for everyone - especially when paired with a tasty Cornish pasty on the harbour front. For the adrenaline seekers in the party, team up with Camel Ski School who can collect you from the Old Town Cove and whizz you along the sheltered waters. If eating out is on the agenda you are well placed to indulge; firmly fixed on Cornwall's foodie map, Padstow's streets are dotted with the best seafood restaurants around, including those of Rick Stein and Paul Ainsworth. Heading over to Rock, enjoy the views back across the water to Padstow, dine at The Mariners, Paul Ainsworth's lastest venture, and walk the length of the beach towards Daymer Bay and Polzeath. For beach goers, the famous bays of Trevone and Harlyn are just a 10-15 minute drive away, promising surf lessons and lazy days spent on the sand. The market town of Wadebridge encourages a spot of boutique shopping or a morning at the Camel Valley Vineyard. You could even venture further up the coast to higgledy-piggledy Port Isaac, home of the ITVs fictional Doc Martin. St Issey slips you into a slower pace of life, while being within easy access of the attractions, beaches, and buzz of North Cornwall towns.
- There are 5 steps up with handrail from the parking area to the front door. Please note Roundhouse Mill offers a reverse level layout with 4 bedrooms on the ground floor and the 5th bedroom plus the kitchen and social spaces on the first floor.
- The garden and terrace is set over various levels.
- One internal flight of stairs with 13 steps and hand rail. There are 7 steps down to the living area from the kitchen.
- Choose from five luxury bedrooms located on the ground and first floors
- Bedroom 1: Ground floor. Super king zip/lock bed (this can be set as a twin if required), ample clothes storage, hairdryer, ensuite
- Bedroom 2: Ground floor. King bed, ample clothes storage, hairdryer, Smart TV, ensuite.
- Bedroom 3: Ground floor. Twin beds, ample clothes storage, hairdryer
- Bedroom 4: Ground floor. Twin beds, ample clothes storage, hairdryer
- Bedroom 5: First floor. Super king zip/lock bed (this can be set as a twin if required), ample clothes storage, hairdryer, Smart TV, ensuite.
- There are four bathrooms (three ensuite bathrooms and one family bathroom)
- Bedroom 1: Ground floor. Ensuite shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom 2: Ground floor. Ensuite shower, bath, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom 5: First floor. Ensuite shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Family bathroom: Ground floor. Bath, shower over the bath, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- The modern, fully fitted kitchen is located on the first floor
- Electric oven
- Induction hob
- Two large integrated fridge/freezers
- Combination microwave and warming drawer
- Four-slice toaster
- There is an attractive orangery located just off the kitchen, with smaller dining table and seating for five guests.
- Utilities: a combination washer/dryer, iron with an ironing board
- Open plan living and dining spaces located on the first floor, there are seven steps down from the kitchen to the living space from the kitchen.
- Large Smart TV
- DVD player
- Sea and garden views
- Two 4 seater sofas
- Rocking chair
- Coffee table
- Log burner
- Large dining table with seating for ten guests
- Travel cot (dimensions: 106cm x w 70.5cm x h 80cm)
- Pressure mounted stairgate
- Bubbling hot tub in the garden - Please note that the water in the hot tub will be changed for each new guest arrival and therefore may take a few hours to come back up to temperature.
- There is allocated parking for two cars, additional parking for further cars on a first come basis in nearby communal area
- Large enclosed grass and terrace garden with outside dining furniture
- 2 dogs are welcome to stay, house rules and a pet supplement apply
- 4 sun loungers
- Outside dining table and chairs
- BBQ area with a charcoal BBQ provided
- Outside heated shower
- Outside tap
- EV charger
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore Padstow / Trevone / Wadebridge and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.