A spectacular coastal house in St Ives
Scots Craig is located in a plum position above Porthminster Beach, just moments from the cosmopolitan coastal town of St Ives. Offering one of the best views of the harbour, beaches and bay, Scots Craig invites friends and family to check in for a very special stay in this stand-out Cornish Gem. Choose from four indulgent bedrooms, relax in the spacious social spaces and soak up those oh so Cornish views from the two balconies.
Wonderful property, magnificent views, very well done interiors - we had such a wonderful stay
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
A warm coastal welcome awaits within this magical high-top haven. Built in the 1960's, Scots Craig was once the residence of a local artist who adorned the stone walls with his artwork inspired by the ever-changing views. Today, this iconic house has been lovingly and sensitively renovated to blend the old with more modern order. The interiors have been recently styled by a professional Cornish company adding a burst of colour and creative flair to this historic home. As you step inside the hallway on the middle floor, the views and coastal ambiance opens up before you as full height glass windows frame the postcard perfect views from the open plan kitchen and dining space. This heart to the hub invites guests to gather together, dine, chat and enjoy a very relaxed holiday highlife. The kitchen has been thoughtfully mapped out so even those on washing up duty can enjoy the panoramic views from the sink! The master ensuite bedroom is set on the middle floor offering a generous super king bed with freestanding headboard and striking palette of mustard yellows and fresh whites. A convenient cloakroom with WC completes this middle floor. Climb the wooden staircase to the top of the house where the large living room offers a versatile space in all seasons. Hunker down in the winter for a cosy afternoon with a favourite film, allow children the freedom to play away from the adult conversation or open up the glass doors in the warmer months and step out onto the balcony for a bird's eye view of St Ives. Lead down to the lower level and choose from a collection of three boutique bedrooms each stylish presented from the warm plums of the twin room to the coastal azure blues of the king room. No need to draw lots for a sea view, each bedroom offers views of the sea and harbour - what could be better! A family bathroom is located on the lower floor with stylish tiling and modern luxury fittings. From the lower floor, a further staircase and hallway with hooks and storage leads down to the garage.
On Your Doorstep
There are two outside spaces in which to relax and dine. The living space on the top floor offers a large sit out balcony with sun loungers or choose from the lower level terrace with large outside dining table and chairs. From these elevated vantage points the beautiful views stretch far across the bay and down to the harbour. Wander from Scots Craig down to the harbour front of St Ives. Whether young or older this cool coastal town has so much to offer from boat trips around the bay, a plethora of water sports, a tempting collection of galleries and curio shops to simply sitting on the harbour and watching the boats go by. If fine food is on the agenda then you are well placed, enjoy the freshest of seafood with a beachside view, tasty tapas or of course a Cornish pasty. The west of Cornwall is waiting to be explored; visit Lands End, the maritime town of Falmouth, quintessential Mousehole or head north to the culinary inspired Padstow.
- There is one flight of stairs from the garage up to the lower floor of the house.
- From the kitchen area, there is one flight of stairs leading down to the lower terrace with large dining table.
- The house is set over 4 floors with the living space on the upper level. Please note the garage parking restrictions as follows: Garage door width 14ft, widest part of garage is 16 ft, height is 6 ft 5.
- There are 2 internal flights of stairs between the upper and lower floors plus a further flight of stairs leading down to the garage from the lower level.
- Choose from four luxury bedrooms set over the middle and lower floors.
- Master bedroom (Bedroom 1): Middle floor: super king bed with freestanding headboard, built in storage, desk with chair, chest of drawers, sea views, ensuite
- Bedroom two: Lower floor: A twin bedded room with hanging hooks, 32" TV with DVD, sea views
- Bedroom three: Lower floor: A super king zip/lock bed (can be set as a twin if required), built in storage, sea views, ensuite
- Bedroom four: Lower floor: A king size zip/lock bed (can be set as a twin if required), built in storage, sea views
- Master bedroom(bedroom one): ensuite shower room with large rain shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail and WC
- Family bathroom: Deep bath, over the bath shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail and WC
- Bedroom three: Raindrop shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail and WC
- Cloakroom: located on the middle floor with wash hand basin and WC
- Modern fully fitted kitchen with all the mod cons you could need for holiday cooking
- Electric oven
- Gas hobs
- Large fridge/freezer
- One Nespresso Magimix coffee machine for coffee pods (one box of coffee pods provided)
- Breakfast bar with three stools
- Utilities include: a separate utility room with washng machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- Enjoy the wonderful sea and coastal views from the living space located on the upper floor
- Two large corner sofas
- Large armchair
- Two coffee tables
- Two swivel armchairs
- 55" Smart TV
- DVD player
- Collection of DVD's and games
- A large wooden dining table with 8 dining chairs
- Large outdoor dining table with 8 chairs
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Travel cot
- Garage Parking for 2 cars. The garage measures 14ft wide opening to 16ft wide and the height is 6ft 5 inches. If bringing two vehicles please check their width to ensure they will fit.
- Sun loungers
- Sun parasol
- BBQ area for portable/disposable BBQ's
- Outside shower (not heated)
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore St Ives Town & Beaches and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.