Wickham House Pentire / Porth / Newquay
- Sleeps 8
- Bedrooms 4
- Bathrooms 3
- Dogs 2
A spacious coastal home overlooking the River Gannel
Perched in an enviable position above the River Gannel, with stunning views of Crantock beach, this coastal home makes an idyllic base for a coastal holiday. Wickham House offers four spacious bedrooms, three bathrooms and a variety of social spaces for sea-view socialising. The outside is as appealing as the inside with wonderful spaces to dine, drink and relax overlooking the water and beach. From lazy summer stays to wild winter weekends, discover the destination and holiday lifestyle of Wickham House. **Wickham House is currently unavailable whilst the house is being restructured and redesigned. We look forward to sharing a fresh new look in 2024**
We look forward to sharing a fresh new look for Wickham House in 2024. The house is currently being renovated and will accommodate 12 guests.
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
This two-story reverse living home is set above the ebb and flow of the River Gannel. Arrive into the hallway on the ground floor and lead into the river facing living and dining areas. Filled with light from the glass doors, the living room has a calm and airy feel, interjected with coastal blues and mustard yellow details. From the living room you can throw open the doors and sip your morning coffee on the balcony as coastal life awakens. While on a winter evening there is plenty of space for children to huddle around board games or cosy up on the sofas with a favourite film. For those who delight in freshly cooked fodder, the adjacent kitchen is well equipped for preparing Cornish suppers, and with the nearby Fern Pit cafe selling freshly shored lobster, we can't think of a better home to dine in. One of the four boutique bedrooms is located on the ground floor, styled with sea blue hues and looking out over the river and picturesque fields. The contemporary ensuite bathroom showcases Portuguese inspired tiles and deep inky blues, promising a tranquil shower for sandy toes. Leading downstairs to the lower ground floor, a family bathroom and three more boutique bedrooms await, all with access to the impressive sea view terrace. With soft, luxury linens and stunning Cornish vistas, you can flip from dreamy bed to sandy shore in moments.
On Your Doorstep
From the collection of bedrooms on the lower ground floor, step out onto the terrace and take in that fresh Cornish air. From here you can soak up the views of the River Gannel, the rich green fields that flank it and the sweeping sands and surf of Crantock. Dine al fresco with the Caribbean-esque waters below you, and hear the chitter-chatter of paddle boarders as they glide along with the tide. At Wickham House you are ideally placed to stroll to some of Newquay's best beaches. Fistral and Crantock are at your doorstep, offering water sports sessions, lazy afternoons on the sand and windswept winter walks. For the foodies, there is a plethora of inviting places to eat within walking distance, including the Fern Pit Cafe (with their famous crab sandwiches), Lewinnick Lodge and Rick Stein's at Fistral. Dipping in the river, exploring Newquay town and Crantock Village, and watching the flaring sunset are just a few delights that await you at Wickham House. But if wider Cornwall calls you, a short drive up the coastal road will take you to beautiful Watergate Bay, Mawgan Porth and Padstow or west towards St Ives.
- There are approx 8 steps from the drive way down to the front door.
- The drive way is sloped.
- There is a step down from the lower ground floor bedrooms to the terrace.
- There is one internal staircase with a handrail.
- Choose from 4 bedrooms located on the ground and lower ground floors
- Bedroom one: Ground floor: super king bed, clothes storage, hairdryer, TV, sea views, ensuite, direct terrace access
- Bedroom two: Lower ground floor: super king bed, clothes storage, hairdryer, TV, sea views, ensuite. direct terrace access
- Bedroom three: Lower ground floor: Super king zip/lock bed (this can be set as a twin if required), clothes storage, hairdryer, sea views, access to the terrace
- Bedroom four: Lower ground floor: Super king zip/lock bed (this can be set as a twin if required), clothes storage, hairdyer, TV, sea views, access to the terrace
- Family bathroom: Lower ground floor: Bath, separate shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom one: Ground floor: ensuite bathroom with bath, separate shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom two: Lower ground floor: ensuite shower room with large shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Ground floor cloakroom with wash hand basin and WC
- Fully fitted kitchen
- Electric oven
- Gas hob
- Large fridge/freezer
- Wine cooler
- Nespresso coffee machine for coffee pods (please note they are the larger flat pods, a collection of pods will be left on arrival)
- Utilities include: a separate utility room with a washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board, clothes airer, vacuum cleaner
Living and Dining
- Smart TV
- DVD player
- Sonos bluetooth speaker
- Ample relaxed seating
- Gas fire
- Large dining table with chairs
- Balcony access
- Sea views
- Luxury linens and towels
- Allocated parking for 5 cars
- Whistler Grills outdoor kitchen with 6 burner gas BBQ and fridge
- Large outdoor sofa seating with gas flame table fire-pit
- 2 double sun loungers
- Outside shower
- Wetsuit drying rack
- Travel cot
- Two stair gates (fixed)
- Two small dogs are welcomed
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- There is no direct access down to the water from the house.
What to Expect
Explore Pentire / Porth / Newquay and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.