Perfectly named, this stylish cottage renovation really is a Hidden Gem tucked away in the heart of central St Ives, just a stone's throw from the harbour front. This wonderful cottage offers 2 boutique bedrooms, a contemporary family bathroom, a welcoming living space and stunning fitted kitchen and dining area. In addition Hidden Gem includes a secure garden with split level sun terrace to capture the harbour and sea views. Dogs are welcome to stay.
Thank you for a truly fabulous holiday experience. Attention to detail was fantastic. Everything about the cottage was beautifully thought out and delivered. It was very hard to leave St Ives...
- Dog Friendly
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Hidden away amidst the traditional fisherman's cottages of central St Ives, arrive to the quiet mews location of Hidden Gem. Once inside, this recently modernised home oozes considered style and thoughtful layout for your luxury holiday beside-the-sea. Arrive to the ground floor living space with solid oak wooden flooring and a cool colour palette of fresh whites, greys and tan leather furniture. This spacious room is the hub to the cottage as guests gather as a group to rest and unwind be it cosy nights by the fireside or sunnier mornings with the daily paper. Steps lead up into the kitchen and dining space, a fully fitted kitchen offers all you need to get creative with local ingredients whilst the bespoke wooden built in seating offers a versatile dining area for celebrations or afternoon tea perhaps. A central staircase leads to the first floor and an indulgent king bedded room furnished to perfection with statement driftwood headboard and reclaimed vintage bedside lamps. A further 2 steps lead to the 2nd bedroom, a double bed with a high bunk style single above (please note this is suitable for children only and is accessed via a step ladder). The family bathroom is set to impress with large walk in wet room style rain shower and cool contemporary tiling and fixtures. Every cushion, cup and chair have been thoughtfully chosen to complement the fresh new interiors of Hidden Gem.
On Your Doorstep
From the kitchen stable door, step out onto the generous secure outside garden. An outside shower and traditional cast iron bath is a fun feature and perfect place for children and dogs to de-sand and de-salt after a day on the coast. A small bistro table welcomes al fresco dining in the summer months, a private setting to enjoy a secret suntrap. Within the terraced garden, wooden steps lead up to a bespoke raised wooden terrace purpose built to capture the sea views of St Ives Bay, the cobbles of Lambeth Walk and beyond to the harbour and beaches. This beautiful secret garden is an oasis within the bustle of the town. Wander from your holiday door to the harbour in moments and watch the world go by from the busy fishing boats, surfers in the bay and beach goers. A tempting collection of art galleries, potteries and curio shops are well worth browsing alongside boutique clothing shops. If eating out is on the agenda then indulge in the local cuisine be it fine dining, traditional pub grub or the finest of seafood fresh off the boat. The West of Cornwall has so much to offer as you head towards Land's End taking in the high cliff seascapes from the coast road and visiting the picture perfect coves of Sennen and Mousehole. From surfing to sailing, swimming to walking, immerse yourself in the adventure of the coast and St Ives before retiring to your Hidden Gem.
- From Skidden Hill there is a cobled courtyard to cross.
- Small step down to the garden, 1 step up to the decked area and 5 steps up to the raised sun terrace.
- The property is split level.
- There is one main flight of stairs and additional smaller steps internally to the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom two.
- Choose from 2 beautiful boutique bedrooms
- Bedroom One: A king size bed with 2 x bedside tables and lamps, dressing table with chair, chest of drawers, built in wardrobe, smart TV.
- Bedroom Two: A double bed (built in beneath a single bunk bed) with bedside table and small wardrobe
- Children are welcome to use the single bunk (above the double) which allows for a twin option configuration (one up one down) However, please note that the single bunk is not suitable for adults.
- A large contemporary family bathroom
- Walk in wet room with rain shower
- Heated towel rail
- Wash hand basin
- A stylish country style fully fitted kitchen
- Double electric oven
- 4 electric hobs
- Large fridge and freezer with 3 drawers
- Slimline dishwasher
- Gusto coffee machine with a small selection of coffee pods
- Utilities include: washing machine, clothes airer, iron with ironing board
- A light and spacious living room
- Two seater fabric sofa
- Two seater tan leather sofa
- Leather armchair
- Coffee table
- Traditional wood burner
- Smart TV with DVD
- Built in wooden dining area with seating for up to 4 guests
- Bose bluetooth sound system
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Well behaved dogs are welcome, house rules apply and a small pet supplement
- Outside wetsuit wash area and bath with shower for feet or paws.
- Outside bistro table with 4 chairs
- 2 white recliners
- Travel cot - please note the travel cot will only fit in bedroom one
- Fixed stair gate at the bottom of the stairs
- Lockable surf and beach kit store
- Secure garden
- Rear access through the garden to the sea wall and beach
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore St Ives Town & Beaches and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.