Follow the Cornish roads heading west, taking in the wonderful views of The Lizard Peninsula, and arrive at the private setting of Laflouder Thatch in Mullion, a beautifully renovated Grade II Listed cottage. Open the impressive oak gates to your luxury holiday oasis and step straight into your holiday highlife. This Gem has been fully renovated to the highest standard and offers a beautiful new style from Cornish Gems in-house team, Gems Interiors. The house offers three beautiful bedrooms, a relaxed sitting room and open plan sociable kitchen and dining space. The beautifully landscaped grounds complete with a seasonal heated swimming pool, are simply perfect with the backdrop of the views to the sea in the distance. The picture perfect cove of Mullion is just one mile away, Polurrian Bay beach is less than a mile away and the beach at Poldhu Cove is approx 1.5 miles away. Whatever the occasion or season, Laflouder Thatch promises an extra special stay way down in the west of Cornwall.
Laflouder Thatch - the perfect oasis of happy indulgence, with fabulous beaches just a quiet walk away. Our family had the most amazing time here creating some very precious memories. Every last detail has been thought of. We loved every minute of our time here and can’t wait to return.
There is something rather special about Laflouder Thatch. The house has been considerately created for six guests to enjoy the generous space, the luxury of the facilities and interiors and the magic of The Lizard Peninsula. Arrive into the warm welcome of the hallway and lead straight into the hub of the home, the sunny open plan country style kitchen and dining area. Guests can enjoy this generous space to gather as a group, cook up fine holiday menus inspired by the local areas glut of fresh fish and seafood plus organic vegetables and finest meats. From lazy breakfasts to hearty dinners, dine at the large dining table and enjoy good food and catch ups. Steps lead down into the sunken sitting room, a charming and relaxing area packed with traditional features including the original inglenook fireplace. A convenient cloakroom and utility room complete the ground floor layout. Climb the wooden staircase to the first floor and the collection of two beautifully dressed bedrooms (a zip/lock king and a double room) and the family bathroom. The master bedroom (bedroom one) is accessed by its own private staircase and offers a king bed, glorious views and a contemporary ensuite shower room.
On Your Doorstep
Step out into the beautifully landscaped grounds with a raised lawn sweeping down to the heated swimming pool area offering a great space to relax and unwind with the backdrop of the views to the sea in the distance. The lower garden has a generous garden room set to one side, which opens to a broad lawn which children will adore and explore. This versatile garden room is as cosy in the winter months wrapped in blankets under the stars as it is for quiet summer afternoons, it can even double as an office for those looking to keep in touch with worklife or a tranquil yoga space. In the warmer months, the garden blooms with colours and scent creating the most idyllic holiday oasis. Lazy days are spent flipping from pool-side to the house, down to the beach for an ice-cream and relaxing in the very best Cornish way of life. Heading off the beaten tracks, Polurrian Cove is often a quieter spot away from the summer crowds as it is only accessed via the coast path. Polurrian Cove is a short 5 minute walk away via a country track. If you are new to the natural beauty of The Lizard Peninsula or it has long been a favourite holiday haunt, Laflouder Thatch offers the very best base from which to explore. Wander from your holiday door down to Mullion Cove, a beautiful cove with small harbour and pebble beach. The beach at Poldhu Cove is also moments away and well worth a visit. The Lizard Peninsula is a fabulous unspoilt area of Cornwall and home to Britain’s most Southerly point, as well as many fabulous beaches including Kynance Cove. From cosy cafes to local pubs, you are never far from fine Cornish fare, make sure you try the local cream tea of course. Don your walking boots and head up and over some of the most wonderful sections of the South West Coast Path. The sheltered waters of the Helford River have long been a haven for sailors and watersport aficionados, guests can hire kayaks and explore by water the inlets and creeks. Daphne Du Maurier immortalised one of the Helford River's creeks in her novel 'Frenchman's Creek'.
From Winter weekends to extended Summer stays, check-in and experience the magic of Laflouder Thatch.
- Level access from the car to the front door.
- The garden is uneven in places and includes steps.
- Two internal flights of stairs plus steps down to the kitchen and living room.
- Choose from 3 beautiful bedrooms
- Bedroom one: separate 1st floor with its own staircase: King bed, ample clothes storage, ensuite
- Bedroom two: 1st floor: Zip/lock king bed (this can be set as a twin if required), ample clothes storage
- Bedroom three: 1st floor: Double bed, ample clothes storage
- Bedroom one: 2nd floor: ensuite bathroom with shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Family bathroom: 1st floor: bath, shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Ground floor cloakroom with WC
- Set within the grounds, the pool changing area includes a shower and WC
- A modern open plan kitchen with a beautiful country kitchen feel
- Range style oven
- Electric hobs
- Large fridge/freezer
- Nespress coffee machine for pod coffee
- Breakfast bar and stools
- Roberts radio and bluetooth speaker
- Separate utility room with washing machine, iron with ironing board
- A separate dual aspect living area with views of the garden
- Inglenook fireplace with woodburner
- Ample relaxed seating for all
- Large Smart TV
- The dining area is within the open plan kitchen space and offers a large dining table and chairs
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Bloom Remedy toiletries.
- Beautiful sea views from the gardens
- Garden room suitable in all seasons for yoga, office space, a cosy reading retreat etc
- Underfloor heating
- Travel cot
- 4 stairgates
- Up to 2 well behaved dogs are welcome to stay - the garden is enclosed with wall and natural hedging. Please note: Dogs are welcome on Polurrian Cove beach except between 1 July and 31 August (10am - 6pm) when a seasonal dog ban is in place.
- Charcoal BBQ
- Private seasonal heated swimming pool (the pool will be available from Easter to the end of September each year) The pool benefits from a thermal cover, which should be placed over the pool at the end of each day and when the pool is not in use in order to maintain and increase the temperature. The pool is 1m deep at the shallow end, going to 2m deep at its deepest point.
- Pool changing room with shower and WC
- Ample private gated parking
- Walk to Polurrian Cove
- The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Welcome gift includes: 1 bottle of milk, 6 eggs, Cornish butter, 1 loaf bread, 6 scones, clotted cream, jam, 3 Cornish cheeses & a pack of cheese biscuits, 2 Kernow chocolate bars, 1 pack local biscuits, tea bags, coffee, sugar and more, salt & pepper are refilled weekly.
- Please note, like many beautiful Cornish cottages, there is limited head height in some areas including the entrance to bed 1 and in bedroom 2.
- The swimming pool is not fenced; children should be supervised at all times. The pool is 1m deep at the shallow end, going to 2m deep at its deepest point. Please refer to the 'other features' detailing when the pool is available before booking.
- The sea views are visible from the garden.
Explore Mullion / Cadgwith / Coverack and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Our selection of Cornwall's most remarkable holiday homes, exclusive to us
- Force for Good Independent & local, we do our best by our people, community & environment
- Award-Winning Service A holiday experience like no other curated by our passionate & expert team
- Peace of Mind We put our heart & soul into every detail so making memories takes centre stage