A modern day beach house moments from Holywell Bay
Immerse yourself in the surf and sand culture of Holywell Bay and check-in to Hale Kahakai (previously named Halekulani), a modern day beach house with strong eco-credentials, just waiting for friends and family to enjoy. This newly created split level holiday home has been flawlessly created to offer a luxury haven for up to 8 guests. Choose from 4 beautiful bedrooms, 2 contemporary bathrooms and relax in the open plan living, dining and kitchen space set across the ground floor and leading into the generous private garden. Geographically, Hale Kahakai is perfectly positioned in the county offering direct beach access to Holywell Bay and the north Cornwall coastline, including the stunning beaches and Cornish hot spots including Padstow, Watergate Bay, St Ives, Porthtowan and Newquay's Fistral Beach.
Halekulani (as this house was previously named) means 'house befitting heaven' - Boy did this property live up to its billing!
Hale Kahakai is a brand spanking new property with all the mod cons turned up to 11: smart TVs in every bedroom (teenagers happy), great Wifi (teenagers ecstatic), plenty of space (mum and dad delighted) and only a short 5 minute walk to one of Cornwall's most iconic beaches (dog in canine heaven).
Hale Kahakai is a truly exceptional modern house that we can't recommend highly enough.
Holywell Bay is a small coastal village but it's a short drive to Cubert with a great chippie, a Londis and a lovely bakery and just over 10 mins to Newquay.
As they say in Hawaii, mahalo no ka manawa nui!
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
Aptly named, Hale Kahakai (which translates as beach house in Hawaiian) is no ordinary holiday home. Nestled in the sand dunes, The Rocks is a cool collection of newly built art deco inspired homes designed for the highlife of Cornwall. Arrive into the spacious hallway and lead through to the wonderfully light filled open plan layout of the kitchen, dining space and living area. Worthy of any interior magazine feature, think contemporary artwork, indulgent velvet sofas, inspired architecture and a beautiful palette of bold hues blended with subtle shades. Relax in the living space as a group at the end of the day or spend a little quiet time to yourself whilst the others hit the beach. The dining area is no less considered with wooden table and chairs and welcomes stay at home suppers and lazy breakfasts, or perhaps a celebratory dinner is part of the plans? The kitchen will be the envy of any budding chef and has been thoughtfully kitted out with all you could need. Gather around the breakfast bar and all get stuck in with the preparations over lots of laughs and good conversation. A practical utility area will house all of your beach and coastal gear. A separate snug come office area is located just off the hallway and offers a welcome break-out space for children to play games or watch a film or, for those that may need to keep in touch with work life, the desk can become a makeshift office. A convenient cloakroom with WC completes the ground floor. Climb the stairs to the first floor and choose from three beautiful bedrooms sharing an indulgent family bathroom. The master ensuite bedroom is located on the second floor providing an oasis of serenity dressed in fresh whites. Gaze out from your private balcony to the sand dunes and seascapes.
On Your Doorstep
Hale Kahakai offers a very generous outside space where games are played and holiday life flips between the beach and your holiday haven. Full height glass doors slide back from the living space, and kitchen area to create an outside inside ambiance. A large outside dining table encourages al fresco dining from sun up to sun down. The garden is completely enclosed creating a safe space for children and dogs to play safely on the large lawn and stone terraces. Follow the sun throughout the day and capture those summer sunsets that light the sky as only the Cornish sunsets can. The golden sand dunes and beach at Holywell Bay become an extension to your play area, simply wander from your holiday door down to the shoreline in moments. Holywell Bay has to be one of Cornwall's most scenic beaches and was often the backdrop to BBC's Poldark. Local surfers hit the waves, children leap and jump through the dunes and there is always a quiet spot to set up camp and live those halcyon bucket and spade days. The Treguth Inn is a charming 13C thatched inn welcoming locals and visitors to enjoy pub grub and local ales. If walking is on the agenda then the South West Coastal path is within easy reach leading up and over the headlands towards Polly Joke and Crantock Bay. The surfing mecca of Newquay really offers something for everyone from delicious seafood on the harbour to Rick Steins fish and chips overlooking the rolling surf at Fistral Beach. Heading further west, the iconic coastal town of St Ives is well worth a visit taking in the the beaches of Porthtowan and Carbis Bay en route.
Hale Kahakai comes highly recommended whatever the season, whatever the occasion. An extra special holiday home from which to explore the beautiful north Cornish coastline.
- There is level access into the house from the parking spaces.
- One small step down from the interior space to the garden area on the ground floor. The garden is level throughout and secure.
- Two internal flights of stairs with handrails.
- Choose from 4 beautiful bedrooms set over the 1st and 2nd floors
- Master bedroom: 2nd floor: White room: Super king bed, bedside tables, fitted wardrobe, hairdryer, private balcony with 2 chairs, Smart TV, sea views, ensuite shower room
- Bedroom two:1st floor: Double bed, bedside tables, hanging rail and hangers, hairdryer, Smart TV
- Bedroom three: 1st floor: Yellow room: Super king zip/lock bed (this can be set as a twin if required), bedside tables, chest of drawers, hanging rail and hangers, hairdryer, Smart TV
- Bedroom four: 1st floor: Green room: Super king zip/lock bed (this can be set as a twin if required), bedside tables, chest of drawers, hanging rail and hangers, hairdryer, Smart TV
- Master bedroom: 2nd floor: ensuite shower room with large rain shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Family bathroom: 1st floor: Deep bath, rain shower over the bath, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Ground floor cloakroom with wash hand basin and WC
- A very spacious open plan modern kitchen
- Integrated, energy efficient electric oven
- Induction hob
- Integrated microwave
- Integrated fridge/freezer
- Sonos throughout the ground floor
- Utilities include: a separate utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer, iron with ironing board, clothes airer, washing line
- A light and spacious living area with ample seating for all
- 42" Smart TV
- DVD player
- Sonos throughout the ground floor
- 4 seater sofa
- 2 seater sofa
- 2 armchairs
- 2 poufes
- Coffee tables
- Large wooden dining table and chairs to seat 8 guests
- An additional snug located on the ground floor with 3 seater sofa, coffee table, desk and chair, 42" Smart TV with Sky
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Private allocated parking for 2 cars
- Two well behaved dogs welcome, please refer to booking terms
- Enclosed and secure garden
- Outside dining table and chairs
- Outside garden hose
- Travel cot
- Underfloor heating via an air source heat pump
- Built in brick charcoal BBQ
- Electric Vehicle Charging Point
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- Mobile reception is limited within the area, please refer to your mobile provider. Halekulani includes WiFi.
Explore Crantock / Holywell Bay / Cubert and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.