A stylish St Ives cottage in a wonderful central location
Whether you are looking to embrace a weekend made just for you two or you've time to call St Ives home for a little longer, the comfort and style of newly created Menydh Cottage ticks so many of your holiday boxes. Located just a skip to the high street, the harbour and the soft sand beaches surrounding the town, the scene is set for a special stay. A super king bedded room, a spacious studio style layout, private garden with views of the sea and private parking (complete with an EV Charger) make Menydh Cottage the perfect space. If you're ready to step out and explore then the playground of West Cornwall is within easy reach. This Gem has been created for couples to enjoy valuable time away together.
Cornish Gems are pleased to welcome Menydh Cottage to the St Ives portfolio - a wonderfully plum location to the town and beaches, stylish interiors and sea views from the garden.
- Dog Friendly
- Near the Beach
Menydh Cottage is a single-storey Gem with a separate garden located a few steps from the front door. Enter into the open plan living, dining and kitchen space which has been thoughtfully created to maximise space for two guests and has been lovingly styled to evoke a light, fresh and contemporary holiday space ... right in the heart of St Ives. The kitchen offers all you could need for stay-at-home dining, the three-seater comfy sofa encourages cosy nights with a favourite film and guests can choose to dine inside or outside in the small sun-trap courtyard. The bedroom is set off the open plan social space and continues the coastal appeal with stripe and beach hut print fabrics, local artwork and sumptuous super king bed. A small yet attractive shower room completes the holiday layout.
On Your Doorstep
Overlooking St Ives rooftops, with the glistening sea in the distance, the garden is a welcoming space in which to soak up the sun. Located just off the living space is a private sun-trap courtyard with bistro table for a morning coffee. At Menydh Cottage, you are just a moment away from St Ives main streets, where galleries, potteries, boutique shops and cool cafes encourage laid-back days spent mooching around the gorgeous town and harbour. From fine dining with a view at Porthminster Kitchen, to award-winning fish and chips on the harbour front, the thriving St Ives food scene caters for all tastes and occasions. St Ives showcases all the things Cornwall is adored for; the soft sand beaches of Porthminster and Porthmeor, pumping surf, a buzzing art scene and dreamy sea-view dining. But if you decide to explore further afield, very different landscapes can be discovered with ease. Take the coast road heading further west to uncover myth and legend at Lands End and experience a more wild landscape, or day trip across the coast to Falmouth, for fascinating maritime heritage and creativity.
- From the car parking space at the rear of the cottage, there are approx 11 steps downto the entrance.
- There are no internal steps or stairs.
- Superking bed
- Bedside tables
- Clothes hanging rail
- Dressing table
- Wash hand basin
- A modern built in kitchen
- Electric oven
- Induction hob
- Nespresso Coffee machine
- Fridge with freezer compartment
- Slimline dishwasher
- Utilities include: Washer/dryer, iron with ironing board
- Three seater sofa
- Coffee table
- Smart TV
- Bose Bluetooth speaker
- DVD player
- Wooden dining table and two dining chairs
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Baby Friendly - What's included
- Menydh Cottage has been created for adults only
- Outside bistro table and chairs in the courtyard
- Private off-road parking for one car
- Pod Point electric car charging point (shared with Menydh House guests). This charger is compatible with 99% of electric cars, including Tesla. Prior to arrival, guests are required to download the Pod Point App and register. Guests will need to update the Gems team in advance of arrival so that the Pod Point charger becomes available.
- Sea views from the garden
- Bench style seating in the garden
- Outdoor tap
- Wetsuit drying rail
- Welcomes one well behaved small/medium sized dog. Please note that dogs are not allowed on furniture or upstairs.
- Menydh Cottage is suited for adults only, a cot or highchair is not provided
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- Menydh House is also available for 6 guests. This is located beyond the entrance way down to the cottage and guests of the house will pass to the side of the outside space to access the front door.
Explore St Ives Town & Beaches and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.