Follow the country roads to the beautifully sheltered waters and coastal town of St Mawes on the Roseland Peninsula. Tucked away on the banks of the River Fal and right on the coastal path, Castaway is an adorable Gem made just for two guests (and babes in arms) and has been creatively and thoughtfully styled by the Gems Interiors team. Awake to the gentle clinking of the yachts on the water and soak up the river life as boats quite literally sail by your holiday door and the Polvarth boat yard tinkers on the yachts. As perfect as a cosy winter hideaway as a blissful summer retreat, relax and rejuvenate in the light filled living spaces, soak in the bubbling hot tub and switch off from the bustle of your everyday timetable. Wander along to the postcard-perfect town of St Mawes (approx 8 min walk) and enjoy a morning coffee overlooking the harbour, a chilled glass of wine at St Mawes Hotel or simply pack a picnic and enjoy a beach day. ***Between April and October Castaway is available for arrivals on Thursday only, bookings made to arrive on any other day cannot be facilitated.***
The property was immaculate, very well equipped and in the perfect location to enjoy St Mawes.
Castaway is a single level wooden clad Gem. The open plan living, dining and kitchen space maximises the river views with full height sliding doors that lead onto the terrace. Enjoy those carefree holiday days as you relax on the comfortable sofa, tuck into fresh local food, sample locally made wines and ales and embrace the joy of having nowhere to be and no timetable to meet. Although small, the bedroom offers a king sized bed and the softest of luxury linens and bedding. A shower room completes the bijou layout.
On Your Doorstep
The private garden offers a spacious decked terrace with outside dining table and chairs where sunny breakfasts are assured. The bubbling hot tub can be enjoyed from sun up to sun down and from its slightly elevated position to capture the views down the river towards Percuil, simply divine. Castaway is located on the south west coast path so breathe new life into your walking boots and follow the pathways along the river bank exploring the creeks and inlets of the River Fal. St Mawes is a joy to explore, voted as The Times most beautiful harbour town in 2020, white washed cottages lead down the water and smart cafes, delis, bars, shops and restaurants offer tempting choices. St Catherine's Castle sits prominently overlooking Carrick Roads, a beautiful stretch of water known by sailors the world over and where guests can sit and watch the ships come into Falmouth, tall ships and J-class yachts glide by as well as the Fal River ferries as they shuttle too and fro from St Mawes to Falmouth to Flushing. Tiny golden sand coves and sparkling waters flank the Roseland Peninsula including the fishing village of Portscatho, Porthcurnick, Portloe and many more.
For a magical holiday away from the bustle of everyday life, switch on your out of office and escape to Castaway.
- From the unloading location, there are 4 steps up to the coast path (without a handrail) and then 2 small steps up to the front door.
- Level access from the inside onto the veranda. Slight slope up to the hot tub area.
- No internal flight of stairs.
- King sized bed
- Views of the river
- Clothes storage
- A seperate shower room with shower, wash hand basin and WC
- Electric oven
- Induction hob
- Fridge with freezer compartment
- Utilities include: washing machine and tumble dryer in the out-house, iron with ironing board
- Smart TV
- Alexa Dot Bluetooth speaker (please download the Alexa app)
- River and coastal views
- Dining table and chairs
- Luxury linens and towels included
- Travel cot (will need to be placed in the living space)
- Outside table and chairs
- Private hot tub - Please note that the water in the hot tub will be changed for each new guest arrival and therefore may take a few hours to come back up to temperature.
- Sun loungers
- Direct access to the coastal path
- One well behaved dog is welcomed
- Whilst there is no allocated parking, guests can pull up to unload and then park a short walk away on Freshwater Lane on a first come basis
- Walk into St Mawes (approx 8 minutes)
- This is a non-managed property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed by the owner's chosen housekeeper.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- There is no allocated parking at Castaway. Guests can park on the quiet nearby roads on a first come basis.
- The travel cot would need to be located in the living space of Castaway.
- Between April and October Castaway is available for arrivals on Thursday only, bookings made to arrive on any other day cannot be facilitated.
- Castaway is located opposite Polvarth boat yard.
Explore St Mawes / The Roseland and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Our selection of Cornwall's most remarkable holiday homes, exclusive to us
- Force for Good Independent & local, we do our best by our people, community & environment
- Award-Winning Service A holiday experience like no other curated by our passionate & expert team
- Peace of Mind We put our heart & soul into every detail so making memories takes centre stage