A perfect base for exploring the best bits of Cornwall
Set in a plum coastal location, The Brambles offers the perfect Cornish cottage in which to rest, relax and enjoy a healthy dose of beach life! Step into holiday heaven with open plan social spaces, a charming cottage garden, three spacious bedrooms and a beautiful new interior style. The Brambles is set within the peaceful village of Crantock, tucked away on the North coast and offers a local village shop, two country pubs and friendly community welcome. The golden sands and blue waters of Crantock Beach are moments away as you wander down the road to the shoreline. The nearby town of Newquay has so much to offer all ages or head North to the harbour town of Padstow and endless choice of stunning beaches. This cottage welcomes up to two dogs.
The design and decoration of the house was exceptional.
- Dog Friendly
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
The Brambles is a charming mid-terrace Cornish stone cottage packed with charm and offers a wonderful holiday atmosphere. Arrive into a welcoming hallway with ample space for all of your weekend wear from sun hats and beach bags to winter coats and wellies. Lead straight into the hub of the cottage, the open plan living, dining and kitchen space. The chunky wooden dining table can be dressed to impress for celebrations or simply gather as a group to eat, drink and catch up. After a busy day of exploring the coastline, sink back into the comfortable corner sofa and dig out the board games or pop on a film and unwind. The kitchen is fully fitted with all the modern appliances you need to create your holiday menu from hearty breakfasts to slap up suppers. From the hallway, follow the staircase to the first floor with two beautifully styled bedrooms each with paired back, stylish decor. The family bathroom with deep bath and separate shower completes the first floor. The third bedroom is located in the eaves of The Brambles, a spacious master bedroom with ensuite shower room. From the moment you arrive, this extra special cottage ensures a home from home atmosphere and sets the scene for a luxury holiday beside the sea.
On Your Doorstep
Set over three levels, the newly transformed outdoor space is perfect for socialising. Dine together on the first level, where a spacious outdoor table sits just off the kitchen. On the second and third levels, guest can spend lazy days lounging around on the comfortable rattan sofa and dreamy egg swing chair. Make the golden sands of Crantock Beach an extension to your garden space as you dip in the sea before breakfast or wile away an afternoon in the surf. The walk down to the beach is approx 5 minutes from your holiday door. Crantock Beach is one of Cornwall's most beautiful as you dip over the soft sand dunes and arrive to the wonderful seascapes, attractive cliffs and River Gannel. The River Gannel offers calmer waters away from the surf where locals master their paddle boarding skills and children paddle. A ferryboat shuttles to and fro at high tide leading beachgoers over to the Newquay side and the popular Fern Pit Cafe for a cream tea, one of Cornwall's best kept secrets. Heading West, the South West coast path is well worth a stomp towards Polly Joke and onwards to Holywell Bay, a popular filming spot for BBC's Poldark. To the North experience the sights and sounds of Newquay, Watergate Bay and up to Padstow. The local pubs in Crantock are well worth a visit for the Cornish ales and atmosphere.
The Brambles offers the perfect coastal location in all seasons.
- There are 4 small shallow steps and a gentle slope to reach the front door
- One step out to the patio, there are 7 steps up to the lawned area.
- Limited head height in places within the eaves of bedroom three.
- Two internal flights of stairs, with handrails.
- One step out to the first outdoor patio area from the kitchen and dining areas.
- There are then 6 steps up to a further patioed area, and 2 further steps to a decked area.
- Bedroom 1 - Double - first floor. Bedside tables with lamps, clothes storage, hairdryer.
- Bedroom 2 - Superking Zip/Lock (can be set as twins in required)- first floor. Bedside tables with lamps, clothes storage, hairdryer.
- Bedroom 3 - Superking Zip/Lock (can be set as twins in required) - second floor. Bedside tables with lamps, hairdryer, clothes storage, chair, 19" TV, ensuite bathroom.
- Family bathroom: first floor. Bath with hand held shower, a separate corner shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom three: an ensuite shower, wash hand basin, WC
- A built in fully fitted kitchen
- Electric range oven
- Electric hobs
- Large fridge/freezer
- Nespresso coffee machine (6 coffee pods provided)
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer (within the garden outhouse) clothes line, iron with ironing board
- An open plan living, dining and kitchen space located on the ground floor
- Large corner sofa
- Coffee table
- 32" Smart TV
- Bluetooth speaker
- Collection of books, DVD's and games
- Playstation 4 with games
- Traditional log burner with fire guard
- Large wooden dining table with ample seating for all
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- A 2pm check in is available at this property at an additional cost. Speak to our friendly travel advisors to book.
- Outside dining table and chairs
- Outside hanging egg chair
- Informal outdoor seating and coffee table
- Enclosed garden
- Travel cot
- Walk to the beach in approx 10 minutes (on road)
- Up to 2 dogs welcomed, Crantock Beach is dog friendly throughout the year
- Please note that mobile reception in the area is very limited
- Important parking information. There are two parking permits available for the village hall (on a first come basis) at the top of Halwyn Hill. The permits will be left for guests on the dining table on arrival. Guests can park either at the village hall or within the free on-road parking within Gustory Road.
- A parking permit is available for the village hall (on a first come basis) at the top of Halwyn Hill. The permit will be left for guests on the dining table on arrival. Guests can park either at the village hall or within the free on-road parking within Gustory Road.
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore Crantock / Holywell Bay / Cubert and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.