A beautiful barn made-for-two perfectly positioned to enjoy explore north Cornwall
With a beautiful new interior look for 2020, The Calf House sets the scene for a magical Cornish holiday. This converted hideaway-for-two is the perfect base from which to explore the nearby coastline of north Cornwall and enjoy some well earned restful time out. A fusion of the original calf house charm and more modern order makes this adorable holiday home a perfect base, whatever the season. The Calf House also benefits from being near to Newquay Cornwall Airport so is ideal for a city escape. Enjoy the luxury of the location as you travel to Padstow, Wadebridge and Newquay in under 20 minutes and visit the beaches of Mawgan Porth, Watergate Bay, Harlyn Bay and so many more.
Wonderful property would recommend to anyone who wants a relaxing base that is dog friendly but that is still luxurious - bathroom is gorgeous!
- Dog Friendly
- Near the Beach
- Hot Tub
With a nod to the original calf house this impressive barn conversion oozes rustic charm with features from the salvaged beaten wood shutters and vintage milk bottles to the agricultural trusses and exposed granite plinths. Amidst the country chic nuances the striking modern influence brings this stylish bolthole bang up to date. The living, dining and kitchen space is open plan with high ceiling and exposed beams, a lovely inviting space full of natural light. A contemporary kitchen offers all the mod cons to help you get creative with some of Cornwall's finest homegrown produce. At the gable end of this large space is a cosy living area where couples can unwind after a day on th coast. A few steps up leads to the generous king bedded room with rustic shutters and original high ceiling beams, this indulgent boutique bedroom offers the perfect haven to ensure a restful nights sleep, awake to the morning sunshine. No less generous the chic barn style bathroom continues the luxury twist.
On Your Doorstep
From your holiday door the large landscaped courtyard is to the front of The Calf House offering ample space to enjoy the Cornish fresh air. A raised patio area with outside table makes al fresco dining a tempting option from lazy breakfasts to sunset sundowners. Enjoy the bubbling hot tub. The barn is set in a rural location offering easy access to the north coast. The wonderful beaches of Watergate Bay, Mawgan Porth and right up the coast to Harlyn Bay and Treyarnon Bay are all within a short 15-20 minute drive, the bustle of Padstow harbour is lovely for an evening stroll with fish and chips in hand or enjoy a slap up meal at one of Rick Stein or Paul Ainsworths eateries. Day trips to St Ives, Falmouth or Fowey are again an easy option, enjoy the contrast of coastline from north to south. If action and adventure is on the agenda then join the local surf school and master the waves, enjoy a cookery course with Rick Stein, take a fishing trip out from Padstow or simply pack up a picnic and set out along some of the most stunning coastal paths in the country.
- 2 shallow steps into the barn
- Secure garden with gravel drive. 3 steps to seating terrace
- One small internal step to the bedroom
- A spacious king bedded room with 2 x bedside table and lamps, wardrobe with large drawer, armchair, free standing full length mirror, dressing table, hairdryer.
- Very generous open plan en-suite bathroom with deep stand alone bath, separate rain shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail and WC
- Smart contemporary fully fitted kitchen
- Electric double oven with 4 electric hob burners
- Kettle and toaster
- Fridge with freezer compartment
- Utilities include a washer/dryer and iron/ironing board.
- Beautiful open plan lofty space with exposed beams and packed full of character
- Large three seater sofa
- Wooden coffee table
- Flatscreen TV with Firestick to access Smart TV channels
- Bluetooth speaker for smart phones
- Wooden dining table and chairs
- Outside dining table and chairs
- Luxury 2 seater Amore bubbling hot tub in the garden - Please note that the water in the hot tub will be changed for each new guest arrival and therefore may take a few hours to come back up to temperature.
- Under floor heating
- Parking for up to 3 cars
- Travel cot and highchair provided
- All utilities, linen, towels and guest soaps included
- Two well behaved dogs welcome. Small pet supplement and house rules will apply
- The Calf House gates can be closed to create a safe and enclosed garden
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore Mawgan Porth and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.