The Round House
A beautiful cottage just a short walk to Padstow
Voted in The Sunday Times '50 Most Romantic Holidays in the World!' Stay in boutique luxury in Tregonce, the heart of rural North Cornwall, The Round House has been flawlessly created to the highest standards offering a wonderful base just-for-two. Escape amidst the countryside setting and tranquil Cornish ambiance of this very unique area tucked away above the everchanging views of The Camel Estuary and Little Petherick Creek. A generous open plan living, dining and kitchen layout offers ample space for a luxury holiday whilst the beautiful bedroom is set within the eaves of the cottage offering an indulgent haven in all seasons. The Round House welcomes up to 3 well behaved dogs with first class Cornish walks just moments from your holiday door. Private parking.
We had a wonderful week at The Roundhouse. It was very clean and comfortable. We loved the quality. A great break away.
- Dog Friendly
- Near the Beach
Follow the country lanes through North Cornwall to the charming hamlet of Tregonce set high above the beautiful banks of The Camel Estuary and Little Petherick Creek. Once a tumbled down stone farm store, The Round House has been recently transformed to the highest of standards yet still maintains the charm and traditional features of yesteryear. Arrive to the picture perfect setting and tucked away private location. The cottage door leads into a central hallway with ample space for all your holiday kit from walking boots to windbreaks, a central staircase leads to the lofty haven of the master bedroom with ensuite WC. This gorgeous room is worthy of any boutique hotel with a fresh white backdrop and pockets of mustard yellow and indigo blue soft furnishings. Set over the lower floor is the spacious layout of the living, dining and kitchen space. With Cornwall firmly on the foodie map you are perfectly placed to unleash your culinary flair, enjoy the most delicious seafood fresh from the boats in Padstow and there are a number of farm shops nearby. Dine in style at the smart dining table with comfortable dining chairs. The living space offers an inviting place to sit and chat, immerse yourself in a favourite film or simply take advantage of the peace and traquility. A chic contemporary bathroom is also located on the ground floor with deep bath and wonderful rain shower. From the moment you arrive, the owners' attention to detail and personal decor style oozes Cornish cottage chic, from retro Cornwall prints, a soft palette of creams and duck egg blues to the salvaged oars upon the wall that evokes the coastal setting.
On Your Doorstep
From the front door, step out onto the slate terrace with all weather outside dining table and chairs. Soak up the Cornish sunshine from your private suntrap courtyard and enjoy breakfast al fresco. Guests will adore the luxury of the location in Tregonce as you wander from holiday door to river bank in moments taking in the picture perfect views of Little Petherick Creek. The lane leading onto the Camel Trail is privately owned but access is kindly permitted by the landowner on the basis that the countryside code is adhered too, ie. not chasing the sheep and picking up/removing any dog mess (bags are provided for guests to use). The beautiful Camel Estuary is the gateway to Padstow, follow the trail over the iron bridge and along in to the town in just 20-30 minutes or hop on your bike and explore the creeks and inlets of these tranquil tidal waters. If you are new to Padstow or it's a family favourite there really is something for everyone. If dining out is on the agenda then you are spoilt for choice with some of Cornwall's finest chefs on your doorstep from the infamous Rick Stein to the masterclass brilliance of Paul Ainsworth or Nathan Outlaw across the water at Rock. From The Round House you are within easy access to some of Cornwall's most beautiful beaches including Trevone, Daymer Bay, Polzeath, Harlyn and Watergate Bay. Pack up your car with all the coastal toys from kayaks to surfboards, SUP's to sail boats and enjoy Cornwall's natural playground. There are some local country pubs nearby for an evening ale or simple supper including The Pickwick Inn and The Quarryman's near Wadebridge.
The Round House offers the perfect escape be it honeymoon, celebration or simply well earned time out. Love, laughter and lazy days set the scene.
- 3 steps up to the front door
- Level slated terrace with 3 steps down to parking area
- One flight of cottage style stairs to bedroom. 2 internal steps to living space
- A beautiful bedroom set is the eaves of The Round House on the 1st floor
- A comfortable king sized bed
- 2 x bedside tables with lamps
- Chest of drawers
- Hanging rail
- Collection of books and films
- Ensuite WC
- A ground floor family bathroom with deep bath, over the bath rain shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- The bedroom offer an ensuite WC with wash hand basin
- The mirror has a toothbrush/shaver charging point
- A country cottage galley style kitchen with modern fittings
- 4 induction hobs
- Single electric oven
- Under counter fridge with freezer compartment
- Utilities include: washer/dryer, iron with ironing board
Living and Dining
- A wonderful open plan living, dining and kitchen space
- Relaxing 3 seater sofa
- Coffee tables
- 43" TV
- ipod docking station
- Country cottage style dining table with 2 smart dining chairs
- Outside all weather dining table and dining chairs
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Superfast broadband
- Built in stairgate
- Travel cot
- The Round House welcomes up to 3 well behaved dogs
- Private parking for 2 cars
- Walk into Padstow in 20-30 minutes
- Dog bowls and treats!
- 2 dog crates
- The nearest pub is The Pickwick Inn within 15 minutes walk
- There is little-no mobile phone coverage in this location. Please check with your carrier for further information.
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
What to Expect
Explore Padstow / Trevone / Wadebridge and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.