From holiday door to sandy shore in moments!
Cornish Gems are thrilled to offer Compass House for luxury holidays in St Ives. This stunning detached Edwardian villa has been totally renovated and refurbished throughout to create a superior beachfront holiday home directly overlooking Porthminster beach. Compass House can accommodate up to 6 guests and boasts a beautifully landscaped, terraced front garden as well as a spacious sun deck for you to soak up the spectacular views across the bay. A parking permit is provided with the property.
We loved staying at Compass House and it really is in an unbeatable location
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
Once inside Compass House there is a wonderful aura of light and space combined with a nostalgic Edwardian feel as many of the original features have been cleverly recreated and combined with a modern touch of magic. The beautiful living space at Compass House includes a sunny sitting room complete with Edwardian style wooden paneling. The former Edwardian veranda is now enclosed to create an incredible dining area with modern, circular dining table and chairs perfectly placed in the window to showcase the views. The ship shape modern style kitchen includes all modern appliances and equipment you'd expect in a home of this standard. Sumptuous sleeping accommodation offers three double rooms with luxury beds not least the 'tower' bedroom with enormous double aspect windows showcasing one of the best views in St Ives - awake to the azure blue seas from your pillow! With a subtle fusion of salvaged finds, antique and more modern furniture, this really is first class coastal chic.
On Your Doorstep
The views from Compass House really are unrivalled. Its slightly elevated beachfront position offers relaxing views across Porthminster beach framing the picture-perfect view of St Ives. Far reaching views lead you across to Godrevy Lighthouse, Gwithian and right up the north coast. The location is second to none, steps lead up from the beach (near the Porthminster Beach Cafe) to the beautifully landscaped terraced front garden and path leading to the former Edwardian veranda. To the rear, the back door leads from the kitchen to the elevated sun deck and outdoor dining area with table, chairs and sun loungers - a lovely area to enjoy a holiday cocktail or two. The views from the deck are equally as wonderful - glimpse over to the Porthminster Beach Cafe's vegetable and herb garden and you may even see one of the chefs selecting their fresh daily harvest - this much acclaimed beachfront eatery really is worth a reservation. With two beach cafes, beach shop, a 'pitch and putt' course and ice cream parlour, your Cornish beach holiday starts here. The beautiful and buzzy St Ives town is a few minutes walk away with its cosmopolitan restaurants, boutique shops, pubs, bars and art galleries (including The Tate and Barbara Hepworth). With the St Ives branch line station within walking distance from Compass House, it is a perfect choice for those city travellers that wish to travel by train.
- Approx 20 steps to front door from unloading area
- Steps leading to wooden decking area
- One internal flight of stairs
- The master bedroom (Ground floor) offers a large bay window with sea views, 4ft 6" double bed, bedside tables and reading lamps, built in wardrobe and dressing table along with a mix of antique and modern furniture
- The 'tower' bedroom (First floor) offers a 4ft 6" double bed, antique writing or drawing table, bedside lighting along with enormous double aspect windows showcasing those simply wonderful views. Wake up and see the beach and St Ives from your pillow!
- Bedroom 3 (ground floor) offers a 4ft 6" double bed, glimpses of the beach along with built in storage and bedside lighting
- All 3 bedrooms have luxury Savoir beds
- Quintessential main bathroom complete with white metro tiles, quality sanitary ware and Lefroy Brooks nickel plated fittings.
- Bath and power shower over
- Wash hand basin
- Shaver socket
- Separate WC
- Modern kitchen fitted with high gloss white units
- Well equipped for up to 6 guests
- Kettle and toaster
- Electric oven with extractor hood and gas hob
- Utility cupboard with washing machine
- Sitting room complete with Edwardian wooden panelling throughout
- Cotton drill sofas
- Tub chairs
- Feature fireplace
- Flatscreen TV
- Blue Ray DVD player
- The former Edwardian veranda is enclosed to create an incredible dining area with modern, circular dining table and chairs and windows showcasing the wonderful views across Porthminster beach to St Ives
- Elevated sun deck and outdoor dining area. Table and chairs for full occupancy
- Located literally 'on the beach' directly overlooking Porthminster beach and the well renowned award winning restaurant - Porthminster Beach Cafe
- Travel cot and highchair
- All utilities, linen, towels and guest soaps included
- Complimentary welcome gift provided on arrival
- L'Occitane Verbena luxury toiletries provided
- A pre-paid parking Rover ticket for one vehicle is provided when you book Compass House, which can be used in any of the local council long stay car parks in St Ives (one of which is just 2-3 minutes walk away - The Station car park). You will need to give your registration number to the team when you pay the balance so that it can be purchased for you). Please note a parking space is not allocated but it is a fairly large car park and there are 5 other long stay car parks in St Ives available if required.
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore St Ives Town & Beaches and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.