A fantastic family home moments from Holywell Bay
Embrace the surf culture of north Cornwall and let your soul be soothed with each rolling wave. Just a stone's throw from Holywell Bay, you'll find the tranquil haven of Fifty Degrees West. This modern home radiates light and space, complimenting the expansive views of the surrounding dunes and far reaching ocean. Architect designed and styled to suit family life, Fifty Degrees West offers four bedrooms, two bathrooms and beautifully inviting social spaces. Settled in a quiet location, yet within touching distance of the energy and adventure of north Cornwall's coastline, guests are invited to step outside of the everyday, to find a welcome mix of relaxation and adventure.
We have had the most wonderful stay celebrating a 30th and 60th birthday. This holiday home is truly magnificent, with sea views to match. We would love to come back again, the location is lovely.
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
Enter into the ground floor where the four bedrooms and two bathrooms await. Each bedroom offers a sumptuous bed, perfect to sink into after all of your adventures on the coast path. The back two bedrooms enjoy views of the dunes and ocean beyond, and each bedroom has been thoughtfully designed to include indulgent touches; from velvet headboards to the softest of bed throws. Two bathrooms offer dreamy waterfall showers and a serene stone colour palette to promote relaxation and wellbeing. Climb the stairs up to the first floor, and feel uplifted in the light-filled living and dining area. This open plan space is a special setting, bringing families and friends together with the backdrop of Holywell's undulating dunes. Children can pull out the games and play in the living area, whilst adults chat at the breakfast bar or admire the view. When the evening comes around, the kitchen provides a generous space in which to get creative; embrace living in the foodie mecca of north Cornwall and whip up some impressive seafood suppers to enjoy together around the large dining table.
On Your Doorstep
The soft-sand beach of Holywell Bay is just a few moments walk away from this holiday oasis. Holywell has to be one of Cornwall’s most scenic beaches; its wispy sand dunes and white sand posing as the backdrop to a number of star-studded shows from Poldark, to The House of The Dragons. With a whole mile of golden beach to discover, a scattering of rock pools to explore and renowned swells for the surfers in the group, the appeal of Holywell is never-ending. The beach also welcomes dogs throughout the year, so they can always be in on the fun. A short wander up the road, The Treguth Inn welcomes guests and their dogs to enjoy pub grub and local ales. Or, if finer dining is on the agenda, The Fish House at Fistral combines the catch of the day from Newquay harbour with delicious seasonal ingredients and a wonderful atmosphere. The famous seven bays are easily accessed on the north coast, and from Porthcothan to Trevone, their unique personalities perfectly sum up the diversity of the Cornish coastline. Heading further west, the iconic coastal town of St Ives is well worth a visit, taking in the beaches of Porthtowan and Carbis Bay en route.
- From the car parking area, there are six steps down to the front door
- The property is a reverse level home, the living area is on the top floor
- The internal flight of stairs has 13 steps up.
Choose from four comfortable bedrooms, all located on the ground floor.
- Bedroom one: Superking size bed, clothes storage, bedside tables, dressing table with stool, 32" Samsung TV, hair dryer, full height glass doors and view of the sand dunes and sea, ensuite.
- Bedroom two: Superking zip/lock bed (this can be set as twins if required), clothes storage, bedside tables, chest of drawers, 32" Samsung TV, hair dryer, views of the sand dunes.
- Bedroom three: King size bed, clothes storage, dressing table with stool, 32" Samsung TV, hair dryer.
- Bedroom four: Superking zip/lock bed (can be set as twins if required), clothes storage, bedside tables, chest of drawers, 32" Samsung TV, hair dryer.
- Master bedroom: Ground floor, Shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Family bathroom: Ground floor, bath with shower attachment, seperate shower, heated towel rail, WC
- Cloakroom: First floor, wash hand basin, WC
- A modern, fully fitted kitchen with breakfast bar
- Neff built in oven
- Neff induction hob
- Neff built in fridge freezer
- Neff built in microwave
- Russell Hobbs filter coffee machine
- Breakfast bar with seating for 4
- Separate utility room located on the first floor, with energy efficient washing machine, tumble dryer, ironing board and iron, and sink area.
- The spacious, open plan living and dining area is located on the first floor
- One x three seater sofa, and two x two seater sofas
- Pouffe with storage
- 77" Samsung Smart TV
- Denon Surround Sound Receiver & B&W Ceiling speakers
- Sky TV
- Blue Ray DVD player
- A selection of games, books and DVDs
- Balcony area off the living room with two chairs and a small table
- Coffee table
- Two occasional tables
- Lovely views of the sand dunes and sea beyond
- Large dining table with five chairs and bench seating
- Baby friendly - what's included
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Welcomes one dog to stay
- Allocated parking for three cars in the gated car park
- Lionelo Sofie Play Pen
- Outside shower
- Underfloor heating via an air source heat pump
- Electric vehicle charger
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of welcome gift for our guests. For more details on the options avaliable, please click here.
Explore Crantock / Holywell Bay / Cubert and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.