Set within breathtaking countryside, yet close to the coast
Immersed in the breathtaking rural setting of The Roseland Peninsula, a warm welcome awaits at The Cowshed. This unique and indulgent hideaway offers a truly luxury home-from-home ambiance for up to 8 guests to relax and enjoy some Cornish zen. Far reaching views of the blue seas and picture perfect coastline offer the idyllic backdrop to your time out by-the-sea, whilst the stylish interiors and considered layout set the scene in all seasons. As perfect for a winter weekend as a lazy summer week, discover The Cowshed and this very special corner of Cornwall. Portscatho and St Mawes are moments away offering a cool collection of places to eat, drink and explore.
The Cowshed is a spectacular holiday home. Set in a beautiful location, it offered everything we needed to make our holiday perfect.
Once a former 1930's farm building, The Cowshed has been flawlessly renovated using repurposed materials to create the super-stylish holiday home found today. The welcoming entrance leads into a large light filled open plan living area with lofty ceiling and relaxing ambiance. The unique layout of the barn has been cleverly crafted to maximise the sense of space yet create separate areas for holiday life. The living space really is the hub to the barn with oversized corner sofa and state of the art technology from the Airplay wireless music options to the large wall mounted TV with SKY. This versatile space is perfect for cosy evenings catching up by the fire or for relaxed mornings planning the days exploration. A stylish glass and polished steel staircase leads down a level to the enviable dining room and kitchen. This fully fitted designer kitchen is perfect for holiday cooking from fine dining celebratory occasions or simply a casual brunch, every dish, pan and pot have been carefully choosen. The chic white dining table offers ample space and seating for 10 guests set under the sunny window. From the living room the hallway leads with level access to three beautiful bedrooms each individually styled and worthy of any boutique hotel, sink under luxury linens at the days end. The fourth bedroom is found on the mezzanine level above the living room, this zip & lock bedroom offers wonderful views of the sea and offers a lofty space with large wall mounted TV and SKY channels. The collection of contemporary bathrooms are no less considered from the handmade jade green wash basin to the locally made Trevarno toiletries, de-sand and de-salt in style after a day on the coast. The whole barn has been thoughtfully decorated in a fusion of cool white and blue hues with the colour of the local artwork adding warmth and personal character.
On Your Doorstep
Lead into the spacious garden and enjoy the tranquility of the rural setting. To the front of The Cowshed is a large paved area leading to raised sun trap area with sun-loungers and breathtaking views across the fields and down to the sea and Percuil River that flanks the coastal town of St Mawes, what a view! At the gable end of the barn is a bespoke seating area (perfect for a sundowner) with all weather corner sofa and coffee table and also a larger dining table where up to 10 guests can choose to dine al fresco as the sun sets over the fields. To the front of The Cowshed a gate leads through into a communal verdant green field offering ample space for children to play safely or even a family tournament of croquet perhaps? If you are new to The Roseland Peninsula then enjoy the relaxed pace, quieter shores and nautical influence of this wonderful part of South Cornwall. St Mawes is a wonderful place to visit offering a boutique collection of artisan cafes and restaurants alongside the more traditional pubs. The beautiful Carrick Roads attracts yachts from all over the world who are drawn to the safe sailing waters and sheltered inlets of the area including St Just in Roseland and Mylor. If a day at the beach is on the cards then a number of sandy coves are all within a short drive of your holiday door including Porthcurnick, Pendower, Carne and Towan. 1/2 mile down the road from The Cowshed is Percuil, a charming spot full of boat yard life, in the summer the sailing school offers tuition or, for those looking for adventure then take to the water and explore the creeks by kayak or head to the horizon with a Cornish cruise. Day trips to the contrast of North Cornwall are an easy option or head further west taking in the rugged cliffs and legend of Land's End. The Roseland offers a plethora of delicious places to enjoy the very best Cornish food. The Hidden Hut on Porthcurnick Beach is firmly on the guide maps and well worth a visit, walk from The Cowshed in approx 20 minutes and sit overlooking the sea enjoying the freshest food all whipped up in the hut. Tatums coffee house in Portscatho has to have the best view in the area. The boathouse restaurant offers hearty breakfasts and home cooked meals and The Standard Inn serves up the most delicious yet simple ingredients on the outside grills. Fine dining is available at The Driftwood, Rosevine or visit the Tresanton Hotel in St Mawes for jackpot views of the sea. Why not try a new experience while in Cornwall? The Philleigh Way Cookery School nearby offers wonderful courses from Better BBQ-ing to Simply Fish. Coffee lovers will adore the barista skills of Tatums on the quay at Portscatho, all within walking distance from your holiday door.
For larger groups of up to 10 then choose to take The Dairy in addition to The Cowshed offering a further bolthole just-for-two.
- Approx 3/4 steps to front door
- Level garden and access
- Approx 4 steps down to lower kitchen and approx 8 steps up to mezzanine level
- All of the bedrooms of a luxury boutique ambiance and are dressed in the finest linens
- Bedroom One: A king bedded room with 2 x bed side tables with lamps, chest of drawers, hairdryer and wall mounted HD TV
- Bedroom Two: A twin bedded room with bed side table and wall mounted lamps, hairdryer, hanging hooks with hangers
- Bedroom Three: A king bedded room with 2 x bed side tables with lamps, built in wardrobe, hairdryer and dressing table
- Bedroom Four: Located on the mezzanine level over looking the garden and living space. A zip & lock super king bed (please advise how you would prefer this to be made up), state of the art plasma screen glass frosting, large wall mounted TV with SKY, bed side tables with lamps and draw storage
- Each bathroom has been individually styled to create a unique sense of indulgence.
- Family bathroom: Deep bath with over the bath rain shower, oversized wash hand basin, heated towel rail and toilet
- Bedroom One: En-suite shower room with large rain shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail and toilet
- Bedroom Three: En-suite shower room with rain shower, hand crafted wash hand basin, heated towel rail and toilet
- A enviable modern fully fitted kitchen for all your holiday cooking!
- Central breakfast bar with 2 stools
- Double oven electric range with 4 induction hobs
- Energy efficient larder style fridge/freezer with ice machine and chilled water
- Quooker boiling hot tap
- Wine fridge
- De Longhi espresso coffee machine (coffee pods provided)
- 4 slice toaster
- Utilities: Energy efficient washer/dryer, iron with ironing board, washing line
- A wonderful split level living, kitchen and dining area offering a relaxing light filled space
- A chic dining table with seating enough for up to 10
- Comfortable corner sofa offering seating for up to 6
- Additional 3 seater sofa
- Coffee Table
- Stylish sideboard
- Large flatscreen TV with HD TV and full SKY package
- iPod docking station with wireless Airplay
- Contemporary wood burner
- Outdoor dining furniture with table and seating for up to 10
- Outdoor all weather corner sofa
- Baby Friendly - What's included
- Underfloor heating throughout
- Weber Charcoal BBQ
- Smart 7.2KWh car charger
- Sun loungers
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Complimentary telephone
- Windbreak and buckets and spades
- 2 wooden cots with a quality mattress dimensions 100cm x 50cm
- 2 Highchairs
- Use of McClaren buggy
- Assortment of outdoor games including croquet
- Logs provided
- Outside hot/cold shower
- Outdoor all weather corner sofa
- Large communal field and rewilded area
- DOGS: Two dogs are welcomed at The Cowshed, please note the property has its own garden area but there are communal areas also where dogs must be kept under control
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- The owners of The Cowshed live within the neighbouring house. The Cowshed remains private with exclusive use of the garden to the side and the rear and shared area to the front with The Dairy.
Explore St Mawes / The Roseland and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Our selection of Cornwall's most remarkable holiday homes, exclusive to us
- Force for Good Independent & local, we do our best by our people, community & environment
- Award-Winning Service A holiday experience like no other curated by our passionate & expert team
- Peace of Mind We put our heart & soul into every detail so making memories takes centre stage