Close to the coast and full of character
As perfect for summer stays as cosy winter weekends, stay in country style at Karanithe (meaning 'love nest' in Cornish). This beautiful stone cottage has been lovingly created just for two within the rural beauty of North Cornwall yet just moments from some of the counties most breathtaking beaches including Porthcothnan, Watergate Bay, Mawgan Porth and Harlyn. Explore the harbour side of Padstow and immerse yourselves in the laid back playground of this very special area.
What an amazing cottage, the best we have stayed in. Very cosy as storm Alex took it's hold! Stunning area, beautiful beach walks. Jessie our 3 year old Golden Retriever found the puppy in herself again. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Tucked away in leafy North Cornwall, arrive to the charm of Karanithe, a single storey stone barn packed with creative flair, colour and holiday spirit. Step into the living space and slip straight into Cornish relaxation. Relax on the sofa after a busy day exploring, wile away the afternoon with a good book or hunker down beside the fire in cooler months. The dining table is set within the living space offering a tempting stay at home dining option. The small yet perfectly formed kitchen offers all you could need for creating a Cornish feast, nearby farm shops brim with local produce for inspiration. The bedroom has been dressed to impress with a fresh white backdrop with stripped wood flooring and vintage roll top bath in the room for the ultimate luxury. A smart ensuite shower room completes the luxury ambiance with large walk in power shower. Karanithe offers a truly relaxing base for couples to come together and reconnect.
On Your Doorstep
Karanithe offers an attractive garden space with sea views, enjoy al fresco dining on the terrace or relax on the lawn and soak up the sunshine. The garden is enclosed for dogs to safely explore or enjoy the space and freedom of Pepper Meadow, a nearby meadow where guests are welcome to excercise their dogs. When it's time to map out your itinerary, you are certainly spoilt for choice as North Cornwall is easily accessed. The coast path begins from your holiday door, follow the path through the valley and arrive at Park Head in approx 1 mile! From Park Head, you can head step out North towards Porthcothan Beach or South towards the beauty of Bedruthan Steps. Stop for a cream tea at The National Trust Carnewas Cafe and follow the circular walk back home. If beach days are top of the list then discover the golden sands of Watergate Bay, Mawgan Porth, Treyarnon, Porthcothnan, Harlyn Bay - the list goes on! Many of North Cornwall's beaches welcome dogs all year around too. For adventurous days, book into a local surf school or try your hand at paddle boarding? Padstow is known the world over for it's superb restaurants and local pubs and bars, work up an appetite and dine at Rick Stein's Seafood Restaurant or Michelin Starred Paul Ainsworth's No 6. Pack up the car for day tripping to the West and visit the popular sights and sounds of St Ives, Falmouth and even Land's End.
Plan your days from the luxury of Karanithe - a beautiful country retreat with a unique holiday charm.
- Access to Karanithe is via an unmade farm track which may be muddy during wet weather and winter time. There is level access from the parking spaces to the front door.
- Two shallow steps up within the garden area to the lawn.
- No internal steps or stairs.
- A king bedded room with bedside tables, dressing table, hairdryer, ample clothes storage, in the room roll top bath
- In the room roll top bath
- An ensuite shower room with large walk in power shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail and WC
- Electric oven
- Electric hobs
- Combination fridge/freezer
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- Colourful three seater sofa
- Rocking chair
- Real wood burner
- TV with DVD player
- A wooden dining table with 2 dining chairs set within the living space
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Welcomes two dogs to stay, enclosed garden
- 2 sun loungers
- Private parking for 2 cars
- Charcoal BBQ
- Outside dining table and chairs
- Travel cot
- Sea views
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- There is little-no mobile phone coverage in this location. However, with Karanithe’s superfast fibre broadband, WiFi calling from smart phones is reliable.
Explore Mawgan Porth and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.