An outstanding rural Gem in a peaceful and private setting
Awake to birdsong, glorious sunrises and breathtaking countryside views - Kilminorth Barton is an aspirational retreat for those looking to swap a busy timetable for some rest and tranquility for a while. The organic farmhouse inspired interiors complement the more modern design and features of this newly created home whilst sweeping valley views set the green backdrop scenes from every window. Enjoy two oh-so-sumptuous bedrooms with contemporary ensuite bathrooms, the light-filled living room, kitchen and dining spaces and step out to the wrap-around terrace with outdoor wood-fired bath. The Cornish town of Looe is a very short drive away or stroll through the farmland to the town in 30 mins.
Kilminorth Barton is beautiful with such stunning views. It has been decorated beautifully and was extremely comfortable for the week.
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
- Hot Tub
Embrace the natural beauty and tranquility of east Cornwall with a luxury stay at Kilminorth Barton. Once a forgotten farmstead, this two-storey house has been transformed to capture the incredible country views and offer a generous footprint of space and light for up to four guests. Arrive to the central hallway that connects the generous living room with the snug and open plan kitchen and dining areas. The full height living room with apex window and double glass doors is an oasis of style and calm. Enjoy a quiet afternoon with a book from the library, or when the winter winds blow, hunker down and snuggle beside the log burner. The kitchen offers all you could need, whether a full house of four or it's a couples escape, wine and dine together at the gorgeous dining table overlooking the green views. For guests that need to check it with life at the office, the snug area offers a smaller break-out space from the rest of the house or simply an enjoyable space to sit. A practical utility area and cloakroom complete the ground floor layout. The first floor offers two magnificent bedrooms. Taking cues from nature, the interior design of the master suite blends muted browns and creams against the green backdrop through the double aspect windows. Slip into the king bed and indulge in the contemporary ensuite bathroom with free-standing bath, perfectly placed for a soak-with-a-view. The second bedroom is no less considered with a super king bed, calming organic hues and ensuite bathroom with large walk in shower.
On Your Doorstep
Getting back to nature has never been more appealing with 360 degree countryside, farmland and valley views from your holiday door. From sun-up to sundown, the spacious terrace wraps-around Kilminorth Barton inviting al fresco dining throughout the day. Wildlife watchers can enjoy the passing birdlife and even the occasional wild deer can be spotted. For added indulgence, the terrace includes an outside cedar clad wood-fired bath - simply fill and light the wood burner to heat. The lawn slopes naturally into the adjoining farmland on which Kilminorth Barton lies. Guests are welcome to explore the acres of land and pick up the permissive footpath that leads along an attractive trail to Looe in just 30 minutes. The harbour town of Looe is a short 5 minute journey away offering guests the best of both rural and country for the perfect Cornwall holiday balance. Looe is a buzzing town steeped in fishing history and today still hauls a healthy catch for the local restaurants. The River Looe divides the east and west sides of the town running right through whilst at the mouth, sandy beaches lead to crystal clear swimming waters. Talland Bay is just 3 miles along the coastline and quite possibly one of the most picturesque areas of east Cornwall. Think azure blue seas and pretty white sand coves.
From watersports to walking, a city trip to nearby Plymouth or a day of exploring the other Cornish coasts, this corner of Cornwall has so much to offer. Scroll through the gallery of images, pin your diary dates and book a holiday to really look forward to this year at the magical haven of Kilminorth Barton.
- There is level access from the parking space to the front door.
- Level access from the ground floor onto the terraces.
- One internal flight of stairs with handrails.
- Two ensuite bedrooms located on the first floor.
- Bedroom one: King bed, clothes storage, ensuite
- Bedroom two: Super king bed, clothes storage, ensuite
- Stylish and contemporary ensuite bathrooms.
- Bedroom one: Freestanding oval bath, walk in rain shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom two: Walk in rain shower, double wash hand basin, WC
- Ground floor cloakroom with wash hand basin and WC
- An open plan kitchen and dining space, modern in design yet evokes a farmhouse kitchen
- Electric oven
- Induction hob
- Freezer with ice compartment
- Cafetiere for ground coffee
- Utilities include: Washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- A beautifully spacious seperate living room
- Smart TV
- Collection of books
- Three seater sofa
- Two armchairs
- Log burner
- Stunning countryside views
- Double glass doors leading to the terrace
- In addition to the living room, there is a stylish snug on the ground floor with small sofa and library of books
- The large wooden dining table with four chairs is located within the open plan kitchen area
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Pet Free
- Travel cot
- Outdoor wood-fired bath
- Parking for 4 cars
- Outside dining furniture
- Four steamer chairs
- Built in charcoal BBQ
- Walk to Looe across the permissive footpath in approx 30 minutes
- The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Please note that the charging of electric vehicles is not permitted.
- Non-allergenic bedding is not available, the bedding is feather filled.
Explore Looe and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.