NEW for 2023 - An incredibly peaceful family home with sea views
Located in an elevated position above St Mawes and the Carrick Roads waterway, Long Commons is an outstanding family home, making the most of the beautiful sea views with reverse-level living. A spacious balcony, uplifting interiors and a luscious, landscaped garden make this home an idyllic oasis for all ages, and the attractive harbour village and beach are just a five-ten minute walk down the hill. Short breaks are available on request.
We are delighted to have Long Commons join our portfolio. This sea view home is truly idyllic, and we are sure that the garden will be the setting for many carefree family days.
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
Enter into the ground floor, where there are four inviting bedrooms to choose from. Three of the bedrooms showcase wonderful views of the garden and water beyond, whilst the single ensuite room is a calm place to escape to at the front of the house. Contemporary bathrooms promise indulgent experiences; perfect for post-beach pampering! From bedroom two, guests can open up the full height glass doors, let the sea air in and spread outside into the cornish sunshine. Heading upstairs via the unique spiral stairway, guests are greeted with a stunning open plan kitchen, living and dining area, which overlooks the ocean and coastal greenery, and extends onto the huge sea view balcony. This home really encourages families to experience indoor-outdoor living in the summer months, whilst providing impressive seascapes and wholesome vibes in the cooler months. Completing the first floor layout is the impressive master ensuite bedroom, with access to the balcony and a dreamy free standing bath.
On Your Doorstep
Long Common's garden is a natural playground in which children can let their imagination run wild, and adults can completely unwind with green and blue spaces all around. This outdoor space really is good for the soul, and just a five-ten minute walk from the house, stylish St Mawes brims with seaside appeal and characterful architecture. Artisan shops and chic galleries are a joy to peruse, and we recommend popping into Da Bara Bakery for a famous cinnamon bun on the harbourside. There are some great places to dine, including The Idle Rocks and Tresanton Hotel for a five-star experience. To immerse yourself in culture, a visit to St Mawes castle is not to be missed. Built in the sixteenth century, this artillery fortress overlooks the Carrick Roads and boasts beautiful grounds that trail down to the Fal Estuary. The wider Roseland Peninsula is truly stunning. In fact, it's an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, dotted with hidden coves, sandy bays and rolling headlands. Whether you try out some water sports, keep your toes in the sand, or spend your days stomping the coast path, The Roseland will constantly nudge you to connect with Cornwall's natural environment.
- There are 13 steps up to the first floor via the spiral staircase
- There is 1 step down from the terrace to lawned garden
- There are approx. 14 steps up from the terrace to the balcony
- There is a disabled shower room with WC located just off the boot room
- Bedrooms 2 and 4 have family bathrooms adjacent.
Choose from five tastefully designed bedrooms
- Master bedroom: First floor, super king size bed, freestanding headboard, bedside tables, built in wardrobes, bookcase, full length mirror, garden and sea views, access to the large balcony via full height glass doors, ensuite.
- Bedroom 2: Ground floor, super king zip and link bed (can be set as twins if required), bedside tables, wardrobe, full height glass doors that lead to the outdoor patio, garden and sea views.
- Bedroom 3: Ground floor, king size bed, bespoke storage headboard, built in wardrobe, garden and sea views, ensuite.
- Bedroom 4: Ground floor, super king zip and link bed (can be set as twins if required), bedside tables, clothes storage, sea views.
- Bedroom 5: Ground floor, single bed, chest of drawers, built in clothes hanging space, ensuite.
- Family bathroom: Ground floor, bath, separate walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC, heated towel rail.
- Family shower room: Ground floor, waterfall shower, wash hand basin, WC, heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 3 esnuite: Ground floor, bath with shower over bath, wash hand basin, WC, heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 5 ensuite: Ground floor, walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC, heated towel rail.
- Master bedroom ensuite: First floor, walk in shower, separate free standing bath, wash hand basin, WC, heated towel rail.
- A beautifully stylish kitchen located on the first floor
- Fisher and Paykel oven with five-ring gas hob
- Large fridge
- Under the counter freezer
- Two Miele dishwashers
- Dualit four-slice toaster
- Panasonic microwave
- Large island / breakfast bar
- Wine fridge
- Coffee machine
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer.
- A light-filled open plan living and dining area, located on the first floor with sea views and access to the large balcony
- Large oak dining table
- L-shape leather sofa
- Two armchairs and 2 wicker chairs
- Huge sliding doors to the sea view balcony and outdoor dining area
- Coffee table
- Retro Everhot stove/heater
- Bookcase with games
- Wall mounted TV with Sky
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Large, sea view balcony
- Beautiful, spacious lawn with established planting
- 2 outdoor seating and dining areas - on the balcony and the lower terrace
- Off road parking on the driveway for up to 4 cars
- Welcomes 2 dogs
- Quality, integrated stair gates at the top and bottom of the stair case
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer and sink
- Spacious boot room
- Free-standing charcoal BBQ
- Secure and comfortable outdoor dog kennel
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore St Mawes / The Roseland and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.