Located just a few moments stroll from Porthminster Beach and St Ives high street, and inspired by the owners love for the ocean, the dreamy design of Menydh House (Cornish for hillside) echoes its seaside surroundings. A fresh, yet cosy ambience runs throughout the home, offering a serene base for balmy summer days, and a warm and welcoming haven after blustery midwinter walks. Three individually styled bedrooms promise restful slumbers, whilst the spacious, open plan living and dining area is the perfect place for families and friends to enjoy fireside chit-chat. Unwind in your private haven for a while, and when you feel like a wander, stroll to the sandy beach and coastal bustle in moments. Menydh House also includes an electric car charging point.
The property was outstanding, it really was like home from home! The entire experience was exceptional. We would definitely book again and recommend. - Sally Pepper
- Dog Friendly
- Near the Beach
Enter through the rear of the property and onto the first floor, with a choice of three beautiful bedrooms. From fresh whites with pops of sunny yellow, to soft greys and deep sea teals, the bedrooms really are sanctuaries that soothe the soul. On the same floor, the family bathroom makes rinsing out salty hair a joy; the chic and luxurious ‘Lusso’ stone bathroom flaunts matte black fittings and a deep freestanding bath. Heading downstairs, the hub of the home is filled with that illustrious St Ives light. The open planning living and dining area is enveloped in laid-back luxury, showcasing the highest quality of furniture and impeccable taste. Soft pendant lighting sets the tone for cosy family suppers by the gas fire, and the large dining table begs for banquets made from fresh Cornish produce. Dove grey and marble combine to create a calm and stylish kitchen environment, home to everything you might need to conjure a banquet. In the hallway, Jo Downs’ turquoise glass fish swim up the wall, guiding your attention towards the glass panel in the ceiling where more light floods through. Tasteful and personal to every last detail, Menydh House is a delight to explore.
On Your Doorstep
Extend your holiday footprint into the elevated grassed garden, where plenty of bench-style seating encourages time spent together. This well tended area looks out over St Ives rooftops. If you can bear to leave your haven, St Ives is waiting to be explored, just step out from the main front door and you are a minute from the main streets. From unique, handcrafted jewellery workshops to Cream of Cornwall homewares, St Ives’ tempting collection of art galleries, potteries and shops are well worth a mooch around. Eating out is a tempting option in the town, where guests can enjoy the luxury of choice, opting to indulge in traditional pub grub, fine dining on the harbour or seafood fresh off the boat. If a beach day calls, head to Porthminster Beach, one of Cornwall’s finest stretches of golden sand with topaz water. With its plum location, day trips are an easy option from the property; whether it’s the quieter waters of the south coast, the foodie havens of north Cornwall and the wonderful plethora of gardens throughout the Duchy.
For larger parties, Menydh Cottage can be booked as a self contained sleeps 2 option
- From the car parking space at the rear of the cottage, there are approx. 22 steps down, and then 2 steps up, to the entrance.
- From the path in front of the house, there is a step up to the front door.
- Choose from 3 luxury cottage bedrooms located on the first floor
- Bedroom one: Zip/lock super king bed (this can be set as a twin if required), clothes storage, dressing table, Samsung TV.
- Bedroom two: Super king bed, clothes storage, Samsung TV, ensuite
- Bedroom three: King bed, clothes storage, TV, dressing table.
Should read master ensuite not bedroom 1
- Family bathroom: first floor: Bathroom with bath, shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom two: first floor: Bathroom with shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- WC: Ground floor: Wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Fully fitted kitchen
- Electric oven with induction hob
- Induction hob
- Nespresso Coffee machine for pods
- Nespresso milk frother
- The utility room is located on the first floor, and contains: Iron, ironing board, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Dining table with 6 dining chairs
- One two-seater settee Two comfortable arm chairs
- Coffee table
- Gas fire
- One corner sofa with pouffe
- Samsung Smart TV - whilst terrestrial TV is not available, guests can live stream via individual channel apps
- Sonos sound bar
- Bluetooth speaker
- Desk with desk lamp and chair
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Allocated parking for 1 car to the rear of the property, there are no height or width restrictions
- Pod Point electric car charging point (shared with Menydh Cottage guests). This charger is compatible with 99% of electric cars, including Tesla. Prior to arrival, guests are required to download the Pod Point App and register. Guests will need to update the Gems team in advance of arrival so that the Pod Point charger becomes available.
- The garden is elevated to the rear of the property, access is via the 22 steps.
- Outside seating
- Travel cot
- High chair
- Baby monitor
- Welcomes one well behaved small/medium sized dog. Please note that dogs are not allowed on furniture or upstairs.
- Walk to the beach
- The nearest supermarket is a 3 minute walk away
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- Terrestrial TV is not available at Menydh House however live streaming is available via individual channel apps on the smart TV.
- Menydh Cottage is also available. This is located on the entrance way down to the house and guests of the cottage will pass to the side of the outside space to access the front door.
Explore St Ives Town & Beaches and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.