Tucked into the cliff-side high above Trevaunance Cove, The Barrels flawlessly blends modern architecture with inspiring design, creating a one of a kind holiday home which embraces its wild Cornwall surroundings and promises first-class luxury for its guests. The Barrels accommodates 10 guests within 5 beautiful bespoke bedrooms with 4 bathrooms, includes a stunning open plan living, dining and kitchen space with views of the sea and coastline, a surround sound cinema room, private gym and yoga studio, spacious games room and attractive garden with 2 terraces and a 6-seater cedar hot tub. Moments from the door is Trevaunance Cove, a quintessential scenic spot with sandy beach, crystal clear waters, stunning coastal pathways and collection of eateries and cafes.
What an amazing property and the views are incredible! We were lucky enough to be amongst the first guests to stay at The Barrels and it exceeded all of our expectations, we will definitely be staying again!
Expect the unexpected as you arrive, behind the original facade of the former miners' cottages the spectacular use of space, light and re-design is revealed with full height ceilings, vast glass windows and a fusion of urban and rural as the sandy stone walls meet the poured concrete stairway. The Barrels is set over three floors, enter through the ground floor where clever design offers a central full height space and where the games room is located with table tennis and pool table, board games and a large Smart TV - a wonderful space enjoyed by the young, and the young at heart. Four of the five bedrooms are located on the ground floor, each offering a bespoke pared back interior design and organic feel with the natural stone and soft grey, cream and green hues. A utility and practical boot room area complete the ground floor layout. The dramatic central staircase leads from the natural stone and slate of the ground floor to the first and second floors ascending to a more contemporary feel. The ensuite master bedroom is located on the first floor and overlooks the garden and coastal views. A few steps up again and the fabulous cinema room awaits movie nights with popcorn in hand. Squish into the oversized terraced chairs, pull over a blanket and sit back for the ultimate surround sound experience! Adjacent to the cinema room is the gym come yoga studio with boxing gloves and punch bag, yoga mats and collection of weights. Ascend the final steps and the reveal of this incredible building is completed as you soak up the natural light and generous space of the second floor kitchen, dining and living areas. Full height glass doors frame the colours of the coastline perfectly from the earthy browns of the valley, pocketed with chimney stacks from the mines, the vibrant pinks of the seasonal heathers down to the greens and blues of Trevaunance Cove where waves crash over rocks. The living space is as welcoming in the warmer months as when the winter wind blows, guests can sink into the moss green sofa and simply enjoy the space and views. The kitchen has been thoughtfully kitted out with all you could need to create the perfect stay at home suppers and the large dining table can be dressed to impress or kept simple for lazy days. For a quick trip from top to bottom (only), The Barrels includes a private lift.
On Your Doorstep
From the elevated cliff-side position, slide back the full height glass doors of the living space and step out onto the upper terrace where guests can enjoy al fresco dining whilst gazing down to the corner of the cove and away up the valley and coastline. Two large outside dining tables combine to seat the whole party and where celebrations, sunday brunches or even coffee and cakes can be enjoyed. A few steps down and the cedar hot tub is an indulgent treat in all seasons. On the lower level, the garden wraps from the lawn and terrace up landscaped steps to offer beautiful views. The garden has been creatively planted with shrubs, herbs and flowers and instantly embeds the newly built home into its natural surroundings. If you can bear to leave your holiday oasis, the village of St Agnes and Trevaunance Cove are a joy to explore. Moments away the Driftwood Spas local pub and brewery offer year round lunches, suppers and pub atmosphere or dine at Schooners, right on the beach. The village maintains a community feel and you are never far from a delicious barista prepared coffee, freshly baked bread or slice of cake. Water sports are a popular pastime in the cove with guests and locals alike. When the surf is up, surfers flock to the waves heading down to Chapel Porth or on calm days the waters are perfect for paddleboarding and kayaking. St Agnes is rich in copper and tin mining heritage and the iconic chimney stacks can be seen along the coastline. Breathe new life into your walking boots and stomp along some of Cornwall's most precious and protected coast paths or head up to the beacon, a Site of Special Scientific Interest, and capture stunning views right up the north Cornwall coast - don't forget your camera!
The Barrels not only offers first-class luxury and a superb location, it promises rejuvenation, happy memories and sense of space and calm.
- From the parking area, there is a gentle slope then level gravel path to the front door.
- The garden is terraced with steps and pathways. There are 2 level terraces for outside socialising.
- The Barrels is set over 3 floors with the social spaces on the top floor. Once inside, there are 2 flights of stairs. In addition, the lift runs between the ground and top floor, please note that there is no lift access to the middle floor.
- Choose from 5 luxury bedrooms located on the ground and 1st floors
- Master bedroom: 1st floor: Super king bed, coastal views, ensuite, 39 inch Smart TV
- Bedroom two: ground floor: King bed, garden views with private access, ensuite
- Bedroom three: ground floor: Super king zip/link bed (this can be set as a twin if preferred), garden views
- Bedroom four: ground floor: Super king zip/link bed (this can be set as a twin if preferred)
- Bedroom five: ground floor: King bed, garden views, private office, ensuite
- Master bedroom: Ensuite wet room with large rain shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom two: Ensuite wet room with large rain shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom five: Ground floor: Ensuite wet room with large rain shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Family bathroom: Ground floor: Freestanding bath, seperate rain shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Located on the 2nd floor
- A modern fully fitted kitchen
- Range style cooker with hob
- Large fridge
- Freezer with ice machine
- Wine fridge
- Additional under counter fridge
- Coffee machine for Nespresso coffee pods
- Located on the 2nd floor, an open plan living, dining and kitchen space with views of the coast
- Large corner sofa
- Coffee table
- 49 inch Smart TV
- Full height glass doors to the upper terrace
- Log burner
- Large wooden dining table with seating for 10
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- A 2pm check in is available at this property at an additional cost. Speak to our friendly travel advisors to book.
- Travel cot
- Baby friendly - what's included . A stairgate can be added to a bedroom door but it is not possible to put one on the stairs themselves as they are too wide. There is a set of wide concrete stairs coming down from the second floor living area that does not fit a stairgate.
- 6 seater cedar hot tub - Please note that the water in the hot tub will be changed for each new guest arrival and therefore may take a few hours to come back up to temperature.
- Cinema room with surround sound and access to Netflix
- Gym/yoga studio with boxing gloves and punch bag. A Technobike (spinning bike) and Technobench (with weights and pulls etc built in). Pre-installed screen on the bike to link to spin classes and weights classes using the bench.'
- Games area with table tennis, pool table, 39 inch Smart TV and collection of board games
- Internal lift from the ground to the 2nd floor
- Outside dining table and chairs
- Air source heat pump and underfloor heating
- Allocated off road parking for 3 cars, additional cars can be parked in the car parks of Trevanance Cove
- 2 well behaved dogs are welcome.
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Walk to the beach in 3 minutes
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Where an early check in has been booked gardeners and hot tub maintenance team may still be in attendance.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore St Agnes / Perranporth / Callestick and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Our selection of Cornwall's most remarkable holiday homes, exclusive to us
- Force for Good Independent & local, we do our best by our people, community & environment
- Award-Winning Service A holiday experience like no other curated by our passionate & expert team
- Peace of Mind We put our heart & soul into every detail so making memories takes centre stage