A beautiful waterside residence, perfect for celebrations
As featured in OK Magazine and The Telegraph, Rosilian Hall, set on the banks of the River Fal, South Cornwall, is a large breathtaking waterfront residence created with optimum luxury and grandeur in mind. Ten superior bedrooms offer a holiday home for up to 20 guests whilst spacious entertaining rooms bring friends and family together in style against the unrivalled coastal backdrop. This substantial luxury large holiday home is located in the much sought after location of Flushing, just moments from the cosmopolitan maritime town of Falmouth. Step out into the established grounds and immerse yourself in the ebb and flow of the river life as you wander down to your private beach access and characterful boathouse. Views stretch across the sailing waters of Carrick Roads and away down the river. Arrive by land or sea as Rosilian Hall offers a private mooring and slipway.
It's almost an insult to describe it as a holiday home...this elegant, high-ceilinged mansion has acres of space for entertaining inside and out...it felt like the most perfect place on earth. Mariella Frostrup, The Telegraph. Read Mariella's full review here.
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
- Hot Tub
Follow the quintessential lanes through south Cornwall and arrive at the majestic oasis of Rosilian Hall dating back to 1908. Once inside, the Salon sets the scene as guests gather under the stone arches which perfectly frame the river views beyond. From the moment you arrive, this enviable home brings together iconic character and elegance of space with practical luxury. Unique French antiques dominate the interior style complemented with fine art and original period features. The hall is set over four floors with the collection of ten bedrooms and bathrooms set over the first and second floors. Each bedroom has been flawlessly presented to ensure first class luxury with the finest beds, linens, White Company robes and toiletries and the owner's romantic flair. The generous social spaces welcome lazy summer days as friends and family unplug from everyday life and swap busy timetables for a Cornish pace of coastal life. The kitchen becomes the hub to the house as guests gather over coffee and map out the day's adventures. Designed by Mark Wilkinson, the fully fitted kitchen offers all you need for the perfect holiday menu. For late breakfasts and children's suppers, the Orangery offers an informal dining option for smaller groups, children will enjoy the collection of toys and relaxed space to play. Dress the dining table to impress for lavish dinners and dine in style, from milestone birthdays to anniversaries, the elegance and beauty of this formal room is hard to beat. Set up the pool table for a family knockout tournament. The Drawing Room lies at the gable end of the house with panoramic views of the river, relax at the end of the day or enjoy a serene afternoon with a good book. For those that need to keep abreast of life at home, the formal Study offers a quiet retreat.
On Your Doorstep
Rosilian Hall is set within 1.6 acres of established grounds. Step out onto the generous stone upper terrace and dine al fresco as the boats sail by. Games are played on the lawn and lazy days are enjoyed as families. The garden offers secluded pockets of garden in which to pull up a sun lounger and switch off. An indulgent seats 6 hot tub bubbles on the terrace capturing the jackpot views of the river. Follow the pathways and head down to the private beach with slipway and charming boathouse complete with 10 kayaks and life jackets to help get everyone out on the water. The house is set behind tall stone walling for privacy and security and is accessed through large electronically operated sliding entrance gates. From your holiday door, wander into Flushing and choose from a number of places to eat from The Royal Standard or Seven Stars pubs or a tasty lunch on the quay at The Waterside complete with panoramic river backdrop. The Flushing Ferry runs year round linking the village to Falmouth, a great choice combining a river trip and exploration of maritime Falmouth. Or, take a short water taxi direct to Falmouth from the quay just 3 minutes from your doorstep - a great way to travel to and from the vibrant harbour town. This most wonderful stretch of coastline is a mecca for sailors the world over with its sheltered waterways. Discovery Quay is a wonderful place to watch the world go by in Falmouth, pick up Rick Stein's fish and chips to enjoy on the harbour wall or dine at one of the many restaurants. The River Fal Company offer daily ferry shuttles to St Mawes or take a river trip up towards Truro. Nearby beaches include Gyllynvase Beach, Swanpool and Maenporth all offering superb swimming waters and water sport opportunities. The South of Cornwall has much to offer or hop over to the drama of the high cliffs and rolling surf on the north Coast for a day trip.
- There are electric gates which secure the property and car park.
- There are 3 steps from the parking area to the front door.
- The garden is terraced with pathways and steps leading to various levels.
- There is an open feature pond within the grounds and terraced walls and the grounds are not completely enclosed due to the beach access - nb. children and pets must be supervised at all times.
- Access to the beach and slipway is steep but does have vehicular access if required. There are 4 steps from the slipway onto the beach.
- Limited head height within some of the bedrooms on the 2nd floor.
- Two internal flight of stairs.
- Each bedroom features bespoke antique furniture, first class luxury beds and linens, feather bedding, luxury White Stuff bath robes, White Company toiletries
- Choose from a collection of 10 beautiful bedrooms set on the first and second floors of the hall.
- Bedroom 5: 1st floor: Double bed
- Bedroom 8: 1st floor. Emperor zip/lock bed (this bed can be set as x2 3.3ft singles) Sea views, TV with Sky TV, ensuite
- Bedroom 4: 1st floor: Double bed, sea views
- Bedroom 9: 1st floor: Zip/lock bed (this bed can be set as x2 2.6ft singles) Sea view.
- Master bedroom: 1st floor. King bed. Private living room with relaxed seating. Copper bath in the bedroom. Sea views, ensuite.
- Bedroom 6: 1st floor: Double bed, ensuite
- Bedroom 2: 2nd floor: Double bed, sea views
- Bedroom 3: 2nd floor: Double bed, sea views
- Bedroom 10: 2nd floor: Double bed, sea views
- Bedroom 7: 2nd floor: Zip/lock bed (this bed can be set as x2 2.6ft singles), ensuite.
- Master bedroom: Ensuite bathroom with copper bath in the bedroom, large walk in rain shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom 8: Ensuite clawfoot bath with hand held shower, seperate shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom 6: Ensuite shower room with walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC
- First floor bathroom: A family bathroom with claw foot bath and hand held shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Second floor bathroom: A family bathroom with claw foot bath and hand held shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom 7: Ensuite shower room with shower, wash hand basin, WC
- There is 1 cloakroom/utility room located on the ground floor
- A wonderful fully fitted Mark Wilkinson kitchen with all you could need to create the perfect holiday menu.
- Large Range cooker with gas burners
- Two french style fridge freezers
- Built in microwave
- DeLonghi coffee machine for coffee pods
- Two Dishwashers
- Central island unit
- Utilities: there is a seperate utility room located just off the kitchen with Belfast sink, tumble dryer, washing machine, iron with ironing board
- Rosilian Hall ensures superior comfort and tranquility for all with several living spaces in which to relax located on the ground floor.
- The Salon: A welcoming open plan space with traditional log burner and ample seating. SONOS speaker. Double doors lead onto the outside upper terrace.
- The Drawing Room: A collection of beautiful sofas, side tables, traditional real fire, large Sky TV, DVD player.
- The Study: A comprehensive library, large wooden desk and chair, Chesterfield sofa, SONOS speaker
- Pool Room: A full sized pool table with church pew style seating, large Sky TV with DVD, effect fire, SONOS speaker
- Dining Room: A breathtaking dining room with seating for up to 20 guests, concertina doors open back to the pool room if required, traditional fire
- The Orangery: Set just a few steps down from the kitchen area with informal kitchen table, comfortable corner sofa and collection of childrens games. Triple glass doors lead onto the upper garden terrace.
- Access to private beach & boathouse with table tennis
- Use of x10 kayaks, wetsuits & lifejackets
- Luxury linens and towels
- Feather bedding
- White Company bath robes
- White Company toiletries
- GHD hairdryers & straightners (x2)
- Private hot tub - please note that the water in the hot tub will be changed for each new guest arrival and therefore may take a few hours to come back up to temperature.
- Large trampoline
- Charcoal BBQ (charcoal not included)
- Hot tub towels & seperate robes
- Travel cots (x3)
- Wooden highchair
- Stairgate (for use with doorways only, it does not fit the wide staircase)
- Collection of children's toys
- Sun loungers and outdoor sofas with parasols
- Dogs welcome - up to 3 well behaved dogs, house rules apply
- Large outside dining table and chairs
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- The kayaks are used at guests own risk, please always check the weather and tide conditions
Explore Falmouth / Flushing / Helford and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.