A characterful home settled within beautiful countryside, yet just moments from the coast
When it comes to rural retreats, the natural beauty and tranquil setting of Shilly Shally is hard to beat. The stunning North coastline is a short drive away or you can walk offering guests a truly Cornish experience combining sand and surf with fields and fauna. Shilly Shally offers the perfect backdrop to any seasonal escape from family Spring and Summer stays to wild Winter weekends. The house has been styled to present country interiors and create a relaxed ambiance. Shilly Shally is located on the Chapel Porth Valley footpath, a beautiful and easy 15 minute off road walk to the beach.
We enjoyed every minute of our time at this most wonderful home. Packed with character and in a lovely location - country and coastal, the best of both worlds.
- Dog Friendly
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Tucked away down a leafy lane, Shilly Shally welcomes friends, families and couples to enjoy a very country and coastal holiday. Once inside the ground floor offers an open plan living, dining and kitchen space just perfect for the comings and goings of holiday life. Whip up a feast in the characterful kitchen complete with range cooker and rural view from your kitchen sink, Cornwall is a mecca for foodies with local produce available from nearby farm shops and St Agnes village. The wooden country dining table welcomes good conversation and family affairs as you gather over breakfasts, lunches on the go and evening suppers. Relax in the spacious living area as you sink into comfortable sofas at the end of the day and cosy up beside the fire in the cooler months. A cloakroom completes the ground floor. A feature wooden staircase leads to the first floor and collection of three beautiful bedrooms. The master bedroom offers and oasis of light and space with private sit out balcony overlooking the verdant green fields. A further two bedrooms include a bunk room for children and sunny double bedded room. The family bathroom is no less considered with a characterful use of wood and coastal colour palette, so welcoming after a day on the coast.
On Your Doorstep
Slide back the tri-fold doors of the ground floor and reveal the fresh country air creating a unique inside outside atmosphere. A wooden picnic bench islocated on the raised deck for al fresco dining. The North Cornish coast is accessed via the Chapel Porth Valley footpath, reach the beach in just 15 minute walk or short drive away, pack up your beach kit and head to the surf, sand and seascapes of Chapel Porth with tempting family run cafe, Trevaunance Cove and Porthtowan to name just a few. This magical stretch of Cornwall is wonderful to explore as you wind your way through the heritage of the Cornish tin mine chimneys to the breathtaking coastline. Various footpaths lead from the house up to St Agnes Beacon, into Mingoose and towards Porthtowan where the Blue Bar is well worth a visit. Whatever your agenda, days are easily filled from your base at Shilly Shally. St Agnes is your nearest village and well worth a visit for the cool cafe hangouts, tempting restaurants and local pubs. Pack up for the day and head West towards Land's End taking in the iconic star attractions of St Michael's Mount, St Ives Harbour, Minnack Theatre for example. Looking to master the waves? a number of local surf schools are on hand to show you their tips and tricks. St Agnes Beacon is moments away and perfect for an evening walk up and over the beautiful seascapes for that jackpot sun set photo.
Immerse yourselves in the very Cornish backdrop of Shilly Shally and step out to explore the sights and sounds of North Cornwall.
- There are 7 steps up to the front door from the parking area.
- Level access onto the decking area, 2 small steps up to the seating area.
- One internal flight of stairs with handrail.
- Choose from a collection of 3 country inspired bedrooms located on the first floor
- Master bedroom: A king bedded room with bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe, small chest of drawers, private balcony with bistro table and 2 chairs, ensuite shower room
- Bedroom two: A double bedded room with chest of drawers, hanging rail with hangers, bedside tables with lamps
- Bedroom three: A bunk bedded room with chest of drawers
- Family bathroom located on the first floor with deep bath, separate shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Master bedroom: ensuite shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Ground floor cloakroom with wash hand basin and WC
- Electric range oven
- 5 gas hobs
- Large fridge/freezer
- 4 slice toaster
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- A spacious open plan living, dining and kitchen space
- A large country dining table with bench seating and 2 dining chairs
- Two large three seater relaxed sofas
- Nest of side tables
- 49" Smart TV
- Sonos sound bar
- Traditional log burner
- Selection of books and board games
- Luxury 800 thread count Egyptian cotton linens and towels provided
- Travel cot
- Stairgate x1
- Wooden picnic bench outside
- Private parking for 2 cars on the drive, there are 3 spaces at the side of the lane immediately before the house for further parking options, available on a first come basis.
- Two dogs welcomed, a pet supplement is applicable and house terms apply
- Secure bike, surfboard etc storage
- 15 minute off road walk to Chapel Porth beach
- 15 minute walk to St Agnes village
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- The property is surrounded by farmland, which may result in agricultural noises. Often an early morning cockerel can be heard.
- Shilly Shally is located down a public, unmade single track lane.
Explore St Agnes / Perranporth / Callestick and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.