Holiday memories of Tadpoles last a lifetime. This coastal oasis invites families and friends to check-in, switch off and live a very Cornish life from this luxury base just a hop and skip from the shoreline of Trevone Bay. Offering 4 bedrooms, an open plan kitchen and dining space plus generous living room with sea view balcony across the first floor, Tadpoles is the perfect base for family and friends groups to come together in any season. Step out to the very spacious terraced garden with large garden table for al fresco dining and enclosed pool area with a seasonal outdoor heated swimming pool, sunken hot tub and private meadow where children and dogs can safely play. If you can bear to leave your holiday haven, stroll down to the beach in under 5 minutes and choose from the sandy cove of Trevone Beach or the rockpools of Rocky Beach (as locally known). The popular harbour town of Padstow is a short drive away or walk the South West Coast path to the Camel Estuary that leads to the town. Tadpoles is better suited to 8 adults and 2 children.
Beautifully presented. Well equipped.
Tadpoles is a detached modern home tucked away in a quiet area of Trevone yet is located just a few minutes walk to the beach. Arrive into a central hallway and lead into the kitchen and dining space, enjoy the very best of Cornish ingredients as you cook up your holiday menus and dine together over fine food and drink. All of the bedrooms are located on the ground floor and offer an individual style from contemporary red to coastal blues. Two of the bedrooms include a private ensuite bathroom and a separate family bathroom completes the ground floor layout. A central staircase leads to the light and lofty first floor where a spacious sitting room ensures comfortable seating for all whether gathered around the fire in cooler months or slide back the bi-fold doors to the balcony and let the summer sun shine in. From the balcony, gaze out to the blue sea view.
On Your Doorstep
An oasis of holiday living awaits in the garden of Tadpoles. Step out onto the large lower terrace where the outside table and chairs and deep blue parasol offer a day long garden base for sunny breakfasts, morning coffee and of course evening suppers. Step up to the enclosed luxury of the pool terrace where a large outdoor pool (available seasonally) and bubbling sunken hot tub tick that box for holiday indulgence. While away the day dipping in and out of the sparkling warm water, topping up the sun tan on the loungers and soaking in the hot tub as the sun goes down. The garden has been beautifully planted to offer privacy. A pathway leads around the pool area to a very spacious meadow with hedged border where games can be played and children and adults alike can stretch out. Leave the car behind and wander down the road in under 5 minutes to the beaches of Trevone. On the sandy side, golden sand and surf offer a beautiful playground for those halcyon beach days whilst the quieter Rocky Beach (as known by the locals) is perfect for shell-hunting and rockpooling. Behind the beach, guests can enjoy the cool surf inspired cafe and surf shop. Head along the coastal path to the west and arrive at Harlyn Bay, a stunning beach popular with surfers or don your walking boots and head up towards Stepper Point, a stretch of coast path offering some of the most beautiful seascapes in the county. Padstow is very nearby and well worth a visit whether you crave Rick Steins fish and chips sitting on the quay or the Michelin starred cuisine of Paul Ainsworth's eateries. From days out around the county to those restful days in your Cornish Gem, book a stay at Tadpoles and leave feeling rested, revived and longing to return!
- There is a short slope leading to the front door from the parking area, please refer to the gallery of images.
- There is a short step down from the dining area, kitchen area or bedroom one to the terrace. There is a small threshold from the living room to the balcony. From the lower terrace, there are 6 steps leading up to the pool area (gated). To access the field/meadow, an uneven path leads around the back of the garden.
- There is one internal flight of stairs with 13 steps and a handrail.
- Choose from 4 bedrooms all located on the ground floor
- Bedroom one: King bed, built in clothes storage, hairdryer, double doors to the terrace, ensuite
- Bedroom two: King bed, built in clothes storage, ensuite
- Bedroom three: A super king zip/link bed (this can be set as a twin if required), built in clothes storage
- Bedroom four: A flexible room offering a king bed and also bunk beds, built in clothes storage
- Bedroom one: ensuite shower room with shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom two: ensuite shower room with shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Family bathroom: located on the ground floor, bath with shower over the bath, wash hand basin, WC
- Garden WC located by the pool
- A modern fully fitted kitchen
- Electric Aga cooker
- 2 gas burners
- Microwave combination oven
- Nespresso coffee machine for coffee pods plus milk frother
- Breakfast bar with 2 stools
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- A spacious and relaxing living room located on the first floor
- Sea views
- Sit out balcony with comfortable seating
- Coffee table
- Open fire
- Ample seating for all the guests
- Two beanbags
- Smart TV with Sky entertainment, Sky sports, BT Sports packages and Apple TV
- Table football
- The dining room is open plan with the kitchen space on the ground floor and offers a large wooden dining table and chairs with double doors leading to the terrace.
- Luxury linens and towels
- Private outdoor swimming pool with secure gated entry. Please note the pool will be available from 27th April 2023 to 28th September 2023. The pool will be available from 25th April 2024 to 26th September 2024.
- The pool is 1.5m deep.
- Sunken hot tub. Please note the hot tub will be available from Thursday 30th March 2023 to Thursday 26th October 2023. The hot tub will be available from 28th March 2024 to 31st October 2024.
- Baby friendly - what's included
- Travel cot
- Sonos speaker
- 2 well behaved dogs are welcomed, the garden is secure around the pool, the field has a natural boundry of hedges
- Private field/meadow
- Walk to the beach
- Sun loungers
- Outdoor shower
- Large outside dining table and chairs
- Large garden parasol
- Large Weber gas BBQ
- Driveway parking for up to 3 cars
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- There is limited mobile phone coverage in this location. Please check with your carrier for further information. Tadpoles does have wifi.
- Please refer to 'other features' for information on the pool and sunken hot tub availability before confirming a booking.
- Tadpoles accommodates 10 guests within 4 bedrooms and is better suited to 8 adults and 2 children.
Explore Padstow / Trevone / Wadebridge and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Our selection of Cornwall's most remarkable holiday homes, exclusive to us
- Force for Good Independent & local, we do our best by our people, community & environment
- Award-Winning Service A holiday experience like no other curated by our passionate & expert team
- Peace of Mind We put our heart & soul into every detail so making memories takes centre stage