A stunning coastal home moments from the sand and surf of Mawgan Porth
Immerse yourself in the colours, sights and sounds of coastal Cornwall and check-in to the luxury of Tresaldon. This wonderful holiday home-from-home has recently been transformed to offer a first-class haven set high above the rolling surf and golden sands of Mawgan Porth beach on the north Cornish coast. Relax in the open-plan living, dining and kitchen spaces, choose from 4 beautifully dressed bedrooms and 4 contemporary bathrooms and enjoy the generous outside areas including 2 front-facing decked terraces, rear terrace with built in seating and a large lawned garden. Wander from your holiday door to the shoreline of Mawgan Porth beach in moments and enjoy the many facilities including tempting beachside bistro, local pub and more. Spend your days exploring this magical stretch of Cornwall leading up towards Padstow and west towards Newquay.
We have had a really lovely time and adored the views! We've walked on the cliffs and splashed in the waves, we will miss waking up to see the sand!
- Child Friendly
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
Tresaldon is a detached coastal house located in the heart of Mawgan Porth in a prominent position with sea views. Once inside, the full height glass doors either end of the open plan social space flood the house with natural light and set the scene for memorable holiday beside-the-sea. The hub to the house is split level offering a unique layout perfect for holiday life to flow. Choose to gather in the spacious living area whatever the season; hunker down and watch the waves rolling in during the cooler months or slide back the tri-fold doors for the ultimate inside-outside atmosphere. Step up to the kitchen and dining area where wonderful meals are prepared using the very best Cornish ingredients and enjoyed at the wooden dining table be it hearty breakfasts or celebratory dinners. There are 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms set on the ground floor. The master ensuite bedroom features a private decked terrace whilst bedroom four offers views of the garden and has the flexible option of creating a twin room or a super king room. A family bathroom with deep bath and separate cloakroom with WC are also on the ground floor. Completing the layout, a spacious snug come study area is a superb place for children to spread out and play or, for those who need to check in with the office, make use of the desk space. A bespoke spiral staircase leads to the first floor where 2 further bedrooms add to the luxury feel offering the finest linens, beds and furnishings. There is an ensuite bathroom and further shower room on the first floor.
On Your Doorstep
The outside spaces at Tresaldon are hard to beat as your days are spent flipping between the beach and your private decking areas. From the kitchen, slide back the doors to the rear of the house and the large private terrace complete with built in bench seating, dining table and BBQ area - al fresco dining is certainly encouraged! Steps from the rear terrace lead up to a large grassed enclosed lawn offering ample space for family games to be played and dogs to safely explore. Colourful deckchairs are on hand for the sun seekers to chase the last of the day's rays. To the front of Tresaldon there are 2 decked terraces, one from the master bedroom and the other from the living space. The north Cornwall sunsets are hard to beat as the sun splashes into the middle of the bay in summer and lights the sky in glorious orange hues, what could be better. Mawgan Porth beach is a short 5 minute walk away and is one of the most picturesque in the county flanked by high cliffs and offering plenty of surf. Relive those halcyon beach days enjoying picnics on the beach and sandcastle competitions. The Catch seafood bistro is well worth a reservation and is set at the back of the beach, enjoy freshly prepared coffees and fine wines alongside the freshest of seafood. The Merrymoor pub is traditional in style with family friendly beer garden with sea views. There are beachside shops and a local small supermarket stocking fresh produce for those daily essentials. If surfing is part of the family adventures, book in with King Surf School and let the experienced instructors show you the ropes. The Bedruthan Steps Hotel is a very short walk away and has recently added an incredible wellbeing spa inspired by the Swedish outdoor spas or book an afternoon of pure indulgence at The Scarlet Hotel spa (adults only). The Bedruthan Steps Hotel and The Scarlet are open to non-residents for delicious lunches and dinners or drinks on the terraces. There is so much to explore in the area from the cosmopolitan vibe of Padstow, a large harbour town known the world over for superb food or to Newquay with its surf culture and cool bars and cafes. Take a day trip to the west of Cornwall to discover Lands End and St Ives.
From extended summer stays to shorter breaks in the autumn and winter, Tresaldon offers a luxury base from which to explore Cornwall.
- The driveway is gently sloped, there are 6 steps to the front door.
- To access the rear garden there are 2 steps down from the dining room doors or one step down from the conservatory. From the rear terrace, there are 6 steps up to the grassed lawn.
- Internally, there are 3 steps between the living room and kitchen/dining area. There is a spiral staircase with 14 steps leading to the first floor.
- Choose from four luxury bedrooms set over the ground and first floors
- Bedroom one: first floor: King size bed, hairdryer, 32" Smart TV, clothes storage, sea views, ensuite
- Bedroom two: first floor: King size bed, clothes storage, hairdryer
- Bedroom three: ground floor: King size bed, 2 seater sofa, ample clothes storage, 40" Smart TV, bi-fold doors to private decking area, hairdryer, sea views, ensuite
- Bedroom four: ground floor: Super king zip and link bed (this can be set as a twin if required), clothes storage, hairdryer
- Bedroom one: first floor: Ensuite raindrop shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Family bathroom: ground floor: Deep bath, over the bath shower, heated towel rail, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom three: ground floor: Ensuite raindrop shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- First floor shower room: Raindrop shower, heated towel rail, wash hand basin, WC
- Ground floor cloakroom with wash hand basin and WC
- A modern spacious galley style kitchen
- Integrated electric oven
- Gas hob
- Large fridge/freezer
- Additional under counter fridge
- Combination microwave oven
- Krups Nespresso machine for pod coffee
- Utilities include: washer/dryer machine, iron with ironing board
- A light and sunny living space offering wonderful coastal views
- Built in seating area
- Four seater sofa
- Two relaxed armchairs
- Tri-fold doors onto the front decking area
- Nest of tables
- 47" Smart TV
- DVD player
- Collection of games and books
- Located off the living space is a study come play for children with desk and chair, 32" Smart TV, DVD player plus 2 bean bags.
- Baby friendly - what's included
- Luxury linens and towels
- Travel cot (72cm high, 99cm wide, 69cm deep)
- There is a pressure mount stair gate for the doorways but please note this does not fit the spiral staircase
- One well behaved dog is welcome. Tresaldon offers an enclosed garden to the rear and Mawgan Porth beach welcomes dogs year round.
- Built in outside seating to the front and rear
- Garden deck chairs for 8 guests
- Raised BBQ area for small charcoal or disposable BBQ's
- Outside shower
- Outside tap
- Private off road parking for 4 cars
- There is a Pod Point Solo 3 electric car charger. It is not tethered and guests will need to bring their own cable.
- The rear of Tresaldon is enclosed and can be used to safely store surfboards etc.
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- Access to Tresaldon is via Bedruthan Steps car park, car registration numbers need to be provided in advance to our Travel Advisors to avoid any charge.
Explore Mawgan Porth and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.