'Sea' for miles and miles from the jackpot location of The Lookout, perched on the cliff-side high above Whitsand Bay. Views sweep from Eddystone Lighthouse across to Looe offering some of the best panoramic sea views in our portfolio. This timber-clad Gem is a couples dream with pared back beach-bleached Scandi inspired interiors, complete privacy and truly wild Cornish ambiance for the ultimate staycation - simply set your out of office and head west to The Lookout. A small yet beautiful double bedroom promises a restful night with only the sound of the sea to disturb and days are spent flipping from your private terrace to the beach below. The Lookout has been created for couples only, a seriously stylish bolthole where sandy feet, salty faces and windswept smiles are guaranteed. **Short breaks are a joy at The Lookout as you pack a few essentials and escape for just a few days, our short breaks here can commence on a Friday for a lovely weekend or from a Monday.**
Stunning views and beautifully decorated cabin with everything could want . And also unlike most of cabins, completely private.
The sense of excitement and adventure builds as you descend the cliff path leading to the gateway of The Lookout, this is no ordinary location. Set above Tregonhawke beach, this charming Gem is a single storey timber-clad beach hut with a spacious terrace and wonderful sea views. The open plan living, dining and kitchen space is the hub to your holiday where cosy afternoons are enjoyed beside the crackling fire in winter, sun filled days are embraced with the doors flung open and lip-smacking meals are created and shared using only the finest of Cornish ingredients. Retire to the bijou bedroom for a good night's sleep after the day's excursions and awake to glorious sea views from your pillow - lazy lie-ins have never looked so good. After sea swims and surf, shower off in the wet room and feel refreshed and energised. With muted tones, coastal curios and artwork, the decor offers a peaceful backdrop to complement the natural playground of your holiday haven.
On Your Doorstep
For a sublime inside outside atmosphere, fold back the full height glass doors to the elements and step out onto the terrace. Facing south west, the sun rises to brighten your al fresco breakfast overlooking the bay as you watch the surfers below and the boats sail by heading in and out of Plymouth past Rame head. As the evening chill arrives, grab a cosy knit jumper and simply enjoy the sounds of the sea. Head back up to the coast path and join the steps and pathway that leads down to Tregonhawke beach, part of the three mile stretch of sand known as Whitsand Bay and considered by many to be East Cornwall’s finest beach. Walk, surf, swim or simply find a quiet spot on the sand to soak up the views, this corner of the county remains unspoilt and wild, a true taste of Cornwall. There are two seasonal cafes within walking distance of The Lookout including Eddystone Cafe on the beach. East Cornwall has so much to offer from the city of Plymouth with its maritime heritage to the tiny coves of Kingsand and Cawsand.
Carefree days and the joy of switching off are part of the ethos of The Lookout - come and create a holiday to remember.
- From the allocated parking space at the top of the cliff, it is approx a 5 minute walk down the steep tarmac path to the gateway for The Lookout (pedestrian access only). From the gateway, there are 44 uneven steps with a handrail down to the property.
- Please note the parking space is only for peak season until the end of September, after that parking is on the road at the top of the cliffs. Please note vehicle access is not possible to the property.
- Level access from the inside onto the terrace.
- There are no internal steps or stairs.
- Double bed
- Bedside table
- Clothes storage
- Double doors to the terrace
- Walk in shower
- Wash hand basin
- Heated towel rail
- Electric oven
- Electric hob
- Fridge with freezer compartment
- Krups coffee machine for Nespresso coffee pods
- Utilities include: Washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board, clothes line
- An open plan living, dining and kitchen space
- Three seater sofa
- 32 inch Smart TV
- Bluetooth speaker
- Log burner
- Bistro style dining table and 2 chairs
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- One well behaved dog is welcomed
- Outdoor table and chairs
- Charcoal BBQ
- Sun parasol
- Outside shower
- Parking is available for one car. Please note the parking space is only for peak season until the end of September, after that parking is on the road at the top of the cliffs. Please note vehicle access is not possible to the property.
- Sun loungers are no longer available at The Lookout
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- The Lookout is available for breaks from a Monday or a Friday only. Bookings made to arrive on any other days cannot be facilitated.
- Please refer to the access statement - The Lookout is less suited to guests with mobility issues due to the nature of the steps down.
- The Lookout is suited to couples only, no children or babies.
Explore Whitsand Bay / Portwrinkle and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Our selection of Cornwall's most remarkable holiday homes, exclusive to us
- Force for Good Independent & local, we do our best by our people, community & environment
- Award-Winning Service A holiday experience like no other curated by our passionate & expert team
- Peace of Mind We put our heart & soul into every detail so making memories takes centre stage