Check in to Water's Edge cottage and experience harbour side living from your front row location! This beautiful Cornish cottage has been flawlessly renovated and interior designed to present first class holiday living in the heart of St Ives. The cottage is set over 3 floors with 2 boutique bedrooms, a wonderful bijou living space and open plan kitchen and dining area all set to the sea front backdrop of golden sand beaches, blue seas and characterful fishing boats.
We were very privileged to have been the first guests to stay at this stunning property which truly reflects the ethos of Cornish Gems. What a treat watching the ebb and flow of harbour life from each floor. The bed was one of the most comfortable that we've slept in and the location was surprisingly quiet at night, ensuring a good night's sleep.
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
Aptly named, Water's Edge is quite literally a stone's throw from St Ives beach with harbour front access on The Wharf. Step inside the traditional cottage with welcoming dining space and kitchen area with large window flooding the room with natural light, the window seat offers a tempting spot to sit and watch the world go by. The small yet fully fitted kitchen has been thoughtfully considered to help create the perfect holiday menus with the latest gadgets and most stylish of crockery and cutlery to ensure you dine in style. Climb cottage the stairs to the first floor and soak up the harbour views from the bijou living room, from low tide to high tide, capture the maritime comings and goings on the ebb and flow. Hunker down by the fire in the cooler months after a blustery walk or simply enjoy a lazy morning and long overdue catch up. The family bathroom completes the first floor with a cool contemporary style. Climb to the second floor and enjoy the lofty living from the luxury of the master bedroom, if a room-with-a-view is on your holiday tick list then Water's Edge is hard to beat! Bedroom two is no less considered with stylish reclaimed wooden headboard and whitewashed exposed beams. Each bedroom has been dressed to impress with the finest linens, chic soft furnishings and inspired artwork. Water's Edge flawlessly marries a fashionable scaled back Scandinavian style with the original quirks and features of this traditional harbour front cottage.
On Your Doorstep
With the golden sands of St Ives harbour, Porthmeor and Porthminster beaches on your doorstep, there really is no better location to experience the community spirit and culture of St Ives, one of Cornwall's most beautiful harbour towns. Wander from your holiday door and pick up the daily loaf and fresh coffee, step out for a beachside lunch or take in the evening atmosphere as visitors enjoy the many bars and artisan cafes along the front. Water's Edge offers the perfect base from which to explore St Ives, discover the heritage of the fishing trade, the popular art scene or simply enjoy the plethora of local shops. Try your hand at some of the local water sports including surfing, kayaking and paddle boarding or hop aboard a local fishing trip and bring home the fish supper. The West of Cornwall offers some of the most beautiful seascapes along the South West Coast Path which can be accessed from the cottage. Take day trip heading towards Land's End and experience the wild scenery of Sennen, Zennor and Porthcurno.
Water's Edge offers a superb base in all seasons and comes highly recommended for guests who enjoy the luxury of a central location.
- One very small step from the road into the cottage
- Water's Edge is set over 3 levels
- 2 internal flights of cottage style stairs
- Choose from two beautiful bedrooms located on the third floor
- Master bedroom: A king bedded room with two bedside tables and lamps, clothes storage and hanging space, window seat, Smart TV, harbour views
- Bedroom two: A zip/lock super king bedded room (this can be arranged as a double or a twin) with bedside table, bedside lamps, Smart TV, built in hanging space
- Family bathroom located on the first floor
- Deep Bath
- Separate walk in shower
- Wash hand basin
- There is an addtional WC and wash hand basin located on the third floor
- A modern fully fitted kitchen on the ground floor
- Electric single oven
- Electric hobs
- Under the counter fridge
- Small freezer compartment
- Slimline dishwasher
- Nespresso machine for pods (remember to bring your favourite blend!)
- Utilities include: Washing machine with integrated washing machine, iron with ironing board, clothes airer
- Located on the first floor with stunning harbour views
- Three seater sofa
- Electric effect fire
- Smart TV with Freeview
- Wooden dining table located on the ground floor with 4 dining chairs
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- A 2pm check in is available at this property at an additional cost. Speak to our friendly travel advisors to book.
- Wi Fi
- Pet free
- Travel Cot
- Stairgate - please note that due to the narrow, cottage style stairs the stairgate is only suited to doorways
- Whilst there is not parking directly at the property, a Cornwall Council Rover Ticket is provided for the nearest car park located approx 3 minute walk away
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- Water's Edge is a traditional Cornish cottage and as such the living spaces are more bijou and compact, the door frames are also slightly smaller than a newer property.
Explore St Ives Town & Beaches and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Our selection of Cornwall's most remarkable holiday homes, exclusive to us
- Force for Good Independent & local, we do our best by our people, community & environment
- Award-Winning Service A holiday experience like no other curated by our passionate & expert team
- Peace of Mind We put our heart & soul into every detail so making memories takes centre stage