Wren Cottage St Agnes / Perranporth / Callestick
- Sleeps 6
- Bedrooms 3
- Bathrooms 2
- Dogs 2
A beautiful country cottage located just 5 minutes from the coast
Tucked away in rural Cornwall yet located just a few minutes from the wild surf and golden sands of the north coast, Wren Cottage invites guests to experience a holiday like no other as you un-pack, unwind and live a very Cornish life for a while. Maintaining all the appeal of a country cottage, this beautiful Gem has more recently been renovated to combine the quintessential charm we all adore with a more modern order to include floor to ceiling glass doors and smart modern appliances. Choose from three gorgeous bedrooms, relaxed fireside in the living room and gather together in the hub of Wren Cottage, the bespoke handcrafted kitchen and dining space. Spill out into the attractive cottage garden where a gentle stream flanks the border and wild flowers bloom. With easy access in minutes to Perranporth, St Agnes and Newquay, spend your days flipping between the coast and countryside.
Cornish Gems are delighted to welcome Wren Cottage to the luxury portfolio - escape to rural Cornwall and live the perfect Cornish life for a while
- Dog Friendly
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Wren Cottage is a detached cottage set over two floors and located in a private peaceful setting in the hamlet of Perrancoombe. Upon arrival, step into a welcoming hallway and lead straight into the kitchen and dining space. With no cup or cupboard less considered, this exquisite hand-built wooden kitchen has been designed as a creative space for budding chefs to whip up the finest of holiday menus using the best of Cornish ingredients. Fetch fish straight off the quay in Newquay, local meats and vegetables from nearby farm shops and create memorable meals as you dine together at the large dining table with the lush garden greenery and flowers as a perfect backdrop. In the warmer months, slide back the enormous full height glass doors and let the scent and sounds of the garden in for the ultimate inside/outside ambiance. The living room is a separate peaceful room with exposed stone and cob walls, wooden beams and a warming palette of neutral colours. It is a place to sit with a favourite book, a place to play board games as a family and to simply enjoy the fireside chit-chat. A ground floor cloakroom and practical utility area complete the layout of the ground floor. The stairs to the fist floor lead up from the living room to the landing where three beautiful bedrooms await. The very best beds, marshmallow soft duvets and stylish bathrooms ensure you live the luxury life at Wren Cottage.
On Your Doorstep
The garden is simply beautiful, a postcard-perfect backdrop to the cottage and a serene place to wile away any holiday day. Slide back the huge glass doors and extend your footprint onto the terrace where sun loungers on the terrace beckon and little pockets of secret lawned garden are explored by children and dogs alike. The natural boundry of leafy hedges and established trees will keep them closeby. Dip toes into the stream at the foot of the garden and enjoy the incredible array of spring and summer flowers. If you can bear to leave the oasis of Wren Cottage then the north Cornwall coast is calling. Whether adventures surfing the waves at Perranporth (5 minute drive), discovering the Holy Well at Holywell Bay, tucking into ice creams in Newquay or walking the south west coast path, this corner of the county offers so much to see, do and experience. St Agnes is just an 8 minute drive away and a lovely plavce to visit where guests can enjoy cool cafes and bars, independant restaurants and spend time on the beach at Trevaunance Cove or Chapel Porth. With such a plum location, pack up for the day and head west to St Ives and Land's End or to the quieter shores of the south coast.
Families, friends, lovers - everyone is welcome to enjoy this luxury new Gem from summer stays to winter weekends, make Wren Cottage your next escape.
- There is 1 small step from the parking area to the front door.
- There is level access from the large dining room doors onto the terrace. The garden is predominately level but with some uneven areas.
- One internal flight of cottage stairs (steeper) with 10 steps.
- Choose from three luxury bedrooms located on the first floor
- Bedroom one: Master suite with king bed, walk in dressing room, hairdryer, garden views, private sit out balcony, ensuite bathroom
- Bedroom two: Double bed, clothes storage, garden views
- Bedroom three: Super king zip/link bed (can be set as a twin if preferred), clothes storage, garden views
- Bedroom One: Ensuite Walk in Shower, Deep Bath under window, wash basin and WC
- Family Bathroom: Bath with shower over, wash hand basin and wc
- Ground floor cloakroom with wash hand basin and WC
- A bespoke handcrafted wooden fitted kitchen
- Smeg electric range cooker and induction hob
- Fridge with large drawer freezer
- Iced water
- Bose Sound Link Mini
- Magimix coffee machine for pod coffee
- Utilities include: Washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
Living and Dining
- The dining room is open plan with the kitchen and offers a large dining table with bench and chair seating
- The living room is a separate room with door leading out to the garden
- Ample relaxed seating
- 32 inch Smart TV
- Sky TV available to guests with their own Sky account
- DVD via Xbox
- Log burner
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Outside dining table and chairs
- Off road parking for 3-4 cars
- 2 sun loungers
- Freestanding charcoal BBQ area
- Travel cot
- Stairgate (x1)
- Up to 2 dogs are welcomed - the garden offers a natural hedge and established tree boundary but is not a secure enclosed garden
- Stream at the foot of the garden
- 5 minute drive to Perranporth
- 8 minute drive to St Agnes
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- Within the garden there is a gentle stream and a pond - children should be supervised whilst in the garden
What to Expect
The Times: March 23 - Cool Cottages for Spring.Seaside fun with pared-back style. Sleepy St Agnes is the low-key, nostalgic Cornish holiday village of dreams. And Wren Cottage lets you do your bucket-and-spade break in style. Steering clear of kitsch, it has opted for pared-back neutrals, boho wall hangings and a natural-wood kitchen, seemingly lifted from a glossy interiors magazine. Glass doors lead out to a paved terrace and lawn set with sun-loungers and framed by ferny vegetation.
Explore St Agnes / Perranporth / Callestick and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.