A stylish bolthole created with luxury in mind
Follow the coastline south to the picture perfect setting of The Dairy, this once former farm outhouse has been beautifully refurbished - incorporating repurposed building meterials - to present a romantic retreat made for two. With a modern coastal twist think luxury and relaxation for your time out be it lazy autumn weekend, action packed Spring break or simply a week by the sea. The Dairy offers accommodation for 2 adults and is moments from the scenic town of St Mawes offering a fusion of nautical tradition with a more cosmopolitan vibe. Walk to Portscatho from your holiday door and enjoy the coastal village life and beaches.
The Dairy was a beautiful place to stay - small but perfectly formed. The views were stunning.
The Dairy has been transformed from a forgotten 1930s barn to a super-stylish holiday home. The full height open plan living, dining and kitchen area has been carefully mapped out to encourage the relaxation of holiday life. Sink into the comfortable sofa with a favourite film or enjoy an overdue catch up with your nearest and dearest. The kitchen is fully fitted in a modern style, the budding chef in the party can get creative with some of Cornwall's finest ingredients including the freshest of fish caught locally. The indulgent double bedroom has been decked out in soft creams and oatmeal with crisp white linens to compliment whilst the solid oak flooring completes the country cottage ambiance. After the days coastal adventures then sink into a hot bath in the contemporary bathroom before heading out for a slap up supper Cornish style.
On Your Doorstep
The stable door leads out onto a sun trap paved courtyard offering stunning views across the fields, down the waters edge and away to St Mawes. To the side of The Dairy is a seating area with bistro style table and chairs perfectly placed for al fresco dining or a mornings coffee. A large communal field offers a spacious area to take in the view, guests are welcome to use this area. The Roseland has much to offer and includes some of Cornwall's most breathtaking coastal paths winding their way along the creeks and inlets and out to the iconic St Antony's Head with far reaching views to Falmouth and beyond. There are a number of places to dine out in the area from the quintessential country pubs to fine dining at the Tresanton Hotel, a picnic on the cliffs or quayside fish and chips you are well catered for. The area is popular with sailors the world over attracted to the sheltered waters of Carrick Roads, Percuil Sailing Club offer tuition or even try your hand at windsurfing perhaps? Cornwall's historic city of Truro is a short drive away or take a trip to the north or west coastline for their mile long golden beaches and coastal energy. From The Dairy, guests can walk into Portscatho in approx 20 minutes. Portscatho offers superb places to eat including Tatums Coffee on the quay, The Boathouse and The Standard Inn, serving up the most delicious yet simple ingredients on the outside grills. The Hidden Hut is a fun place to visit and popular with locals and visitors alike, sit above the sands at Porthcurnick Beach and take in al fresco dining at its very best.
There is a small beach at low tide at Portscatho quay and great for swimming at high tide! Porthcurnick Beach is also within walking distance.
For larger parties The Cowshed adjoins The Dairy offering accommodation for up to 10 guests.
- Approx 3 steps to front door
- Level access to garden at the side
- No internal stairs
- A luxury boutique bedroom with modern coastal decor
- Double bed
- 2 bed side tables with lamps
- Built in storage and hanging space
- Dressing table
- Wall mounted TV
- Deep bath
- Over the bath large rainshower
- Wash hand basin
- Heated towel rail
- Non steam mirror
- Trevarno toiletries
- A modern fully fitted kitchen
- Electric oven and 4 hob gas burners
- Under counter fridge with freezer compartment
- Kettle and toaster
- Utilities: Washing machine, iron with ironing board, clothes airer
- An open plan kitchen, dining and living space offering a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere
- A large three seater sofa
- Coffee table
- Sideboard with large flatscreen TV with Blue-ray DVD player
- Ruark radio
- iPod docking station
- A country style wooden dining table with 2 dining chairs
- Outside, a small bistro table with dining chairs
- Unlimited telephone calls
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Cowshed toiletries
- Off road parking for one car
- Smart 7.2KWh car charger
- Under floor heating throughout
- Air source heat pump
- Weber charcoal BBQ
- Water butt in the garden to save water and reduce carbon emmisions
- DOGS: One well behaved dog is welcomed at The Dairy, please note the property has its own garden area but there are communal areas also where dogs must be kept under control.
- Adults only
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- The owners of The Dairy live within the neighbouring house.
- Please note that The Dairy is not suitable for infants or babies.
Explore St Mawes / The Roseland and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Our selection of Cornwall's most remarkable holiday homes, exclusive to us
- Force for Good Independent & local, we do our best by our people, community & environment
- Award-Winning Service A holiday experience like no other curated by our passionate & expert team
- Peace of Mind We put our heart & soul into every detail so making memories takes centre stage